Chapter Five

I look like a celebrity.
I was in a full face of makeup- rather gothic makeup and long black straight hair- definitely 30 inches or longer and a dress a dominatrix  would wear.

Thaddeus was besides me in the full body mirror. His eyes scanned my figure.

"This works." He spoke after about 3 minutes of staring at me emotionlessly. I couldn't tell if he liked or hated the get up. I definitely didn't like it.

I was covered in black and this dress was atleast 3 sizes too small and I felt like the only thing it was hiding was my nipples because my breast essentially laid bare.

I didn't mind cleavage, when it was my choice but I don't ever wear black, it just wasn't very me.
I like blues, yellows, greens, purples, browns and pinks and all the colors that made life worth anything.
Black was dreary and boring.

I also stopped wearing human hair at 18, after spending most of my life being forced to have my hair relaxed and clipped in tightly with extensions. 
I felt as though along with my other secrets from my parents, I was hiding myself.

So I shaved off my hair and when it grew out enough, I started braiding and doing cute protective styles.

It wasn't necessary what was in, but it was what I was most comfortable with.

"It definitely screams your type." The stylist speaks up and I'm reminded that this isn't about me.

I didn't just sit down and have my faux dreads taken down, had my hair washed, conditioned, treated, blown out and trimmed, cornrowed and sewed for me.

It was done for him.

"Isn't the hair a bit much?" He asked the stylist.
"You wouldn't know because you live under a rock, but the hot girls are wearing 30-40 inches these days." The stylist said and Thaddeus circled me.

"I guess I'll take your word for it because she looks stunning." Thaddeus said as if I was a piece of art on the wall and not a person, although my body heated up anyways.

The stylist was an older white woman with graying hair and a large triangle shirt and leggings. Upon seeing her for the first time I wondered who would take her fashion advice but then she'd come out with the dominatrix winter line and it just made sense that Thaddeus would appreciate it.

"Oh, I meant to tell you.. she can't walk in heels longer than 3 inches. So I don't know what you're going to do about that." The stylist said eying me up and down as if I was disappointing.

"She has all the time in the world here to learn." Thaddeus voiced  sternly.

"Is this all necessary ?" I asked and then immediately regretted it. I was supposed to be a doll here for dress up for the criminal mastermind and his short- rude stylist.

"No one is going to believe you're to be a Spade dressed in anything less." The woman insisted.
"I'm practically naked here, aren't I supposed to be super conservative or something?" I asked a little confused as to why Thaddeus was supporting this behavior. Aren't gang leaders in books always super uptight about what their women wore?

Here Thaddeus was complimenting me on a leather black dress that fit me like a second skin.

"A spade woman is supposed to be a source of distraction to those around. She is to always look like a prize, tempting but too far out of reach. Hot but scorning to those who reach out for a touch. Temptation in red bottom heels and nothing less." The stylist narrated.

I turned to Thaddeus and he was nodding along with everything she was saying.

"I like the look, not sure about the hair. She still looks very weak, her face and features are still very round. I want more angular features." Thaddeus says to the woman.
"I can contour some more but she doesn't have much to work with. She looks like a Disney Princess."
"Please, if you don't mind."