Chapter eleven

Thaddeus spade

"I heard you were getting married, it's a shame we're such close friends and you never thought to inform me." The man in front of me with jet black stringy hair falling into his eyes spoke as he poured himself a glass of bourbon.

"I didn't think it was relevant." I say, watching as he picks up another cup, turns it over and offers me an ice cube with the twitch of the tongs, I nodded once and he picked up the tongs and placed one ice cube in the cup before pouring the brown liquid on top.

"Not relevant? You're sealing a gate between you and the kozlovs and you're telling me that's not relevant?" He questioned the vein on top of his forehead drawing my attention more than anything else.

" I never promised you access to the kozlovs."

"Considering every one knew you were engaged to the female kozlova I thought it was implied."

"It's important to be very clear and concise with the wording on important agreements such as these."
I patronized him, hoping to arise the infamous Carrillo anger.

"Do not speak to me as if I'm an idiot." The man said calmly.
"Don't say idiotic things and I'll find no need." I countered.

The man leans back against the leather chair we were sat on.

"Your father was just as arrogant as you and it caused his unfortunate end." Kellin Carrillo tells me and I smirked bring the glass of bourbon to my lips.
"Ah, I'd hardly call his death... unfortunate."

"Now that you don't have the kozlovs I'm afraid the eastern European deals are not going to be as strong as
We previously discussed."

I say nothing, knowing his statement to be true.
I didn't have many connections in Europe yet, All though, I found it all a bit unnecessary since there were still plenty of territories nationwide to control.

"I can give you access through other means." I tell him.
"What other means?"

"Desperation."

"What happened to clear and concise wording?" The man said with a bitter laugh.
"I want to kill Ivan kozlov before he kills me first. When he's dead, they'll be a massive gape in the market and that's when you'll fill it."  The last part is a lie but he must know that.
I'd never be so charitable.

Kellin smirks his interest gauged.
"Looks like you've come around, I'm happy to have you, now let me pour you another glass and we'll get to work."

-
The doors are open by one of kellin's goons. I don't pay much mind to him as I slide out of the room.

Sargio rises from his seat and places my jacket he'd been holding on his lap over my shoulders, we make our way out of the restaurant.

"Can we trust him?" Sargio questioned, "we can trust him enough to kill a common enemy."

"And after?" He asked "after... A bloodbath."

Anita greets me at the door to my home like an eager puppy, she runs towards me and jumps up, I caught her despite the sheer shock of it all.

The idea of someone waiting for me inside the house with bated breath and an excited energy is foreign and euphoric.
I know she's only pretending but the rush I get is real all the same.

She brings my head down to face hers and then she kisses me.
It's deep and overtly passionate to the point of almost being too much for a simple greeting and then she giggles pulling away from me.

She's glowing somehow, radiant and magnificent beauty just inches away from me.

I put her down gently until her bare toes touch the floor although every part of me wants to keep her close to me.