Three

"You're...who?"

"Your grandfather my dear. You see, my daughter, your mother, wasn't one for following rules. That's how she met your pathetically mortal father."

"Wait, so I'm...a-a demon?"

"Very good! Yes you are. More specifically, a devil."

"Dad," you said, staring at the man who was now standing beside you, still staring at the floor. "Is it true?"

He lifted his head, and nodded.

"Then, what was that...thing that I hurt that girl with?"

"You could say it was your...powers. A gift given to you through generations of devils. You have the ability to regenerate health at a staggering rate as well as control fire, water, and even the ground beneath your very feet. Anything you need in that moment."

"If I'm a devil, why don't I have like horns and stuff?"

"Oh, but you do."

"No!" He finally broke out of his pitiful state. He walked towards the man, pausing just inches from his face. "You will not be using her desire for the truth against her."

The man just smiled. "Well, what if this is what she desires?"

He turned to look at you. "Is it?"

You thought for a moment before saying "I want to know who I am."

"You do know who you are! You're (Y/N, Y/L/N)...my daughter."

"But that's not true, is it? Its just a story thought up by you and my mother to, what? Protect me from 'what I am?' Why? Why should I hide from who I am? Why should I be forced to continue to live a lie when I could learn the truth and decide for myself?!"

"You can decide, just without him."

He pointed to the man who was now getting agrivated by you resistance.

"Look," he said. "I understand you hesitation. However, as she said," his eyes darting to your so-called father. "She would like to decide for herself. And no one can properly decide without knowing the facts. Which I can provide."

A moment passed as his words lingered in the air, creating a tension you didn't want to face.

"I-I want to go with him. Just to learn more about what I am. I won't make any decisions without telling you, but I want to know the facts before I decide anything." You turn to face the man before saying "I don't want your truth...I want the pure, honest truth...no matter what. Understand?"

The man continued to smile as he nodded and headed towards the door. You looked at the man who raised you one last time, seeing the disappointment lingering in his mind.

"I still love you. You are still my dad," You pull him in for a hug. "You always will be." You stand there for a moment before letting go and walking over to the door.
--------------------------------------------------------------
"That was the last time I saw him. I wish I'd never left him, never gone with that monster."