Seventeen

When you got downstairs, you helped Marguerite set the table as Zoe walked in. After a few minutes Marguerite asked "So how long ya stayin'?"

"Well, I was actually headed to the old Yuhcann place before I came here. I was gonna go ahead a buy it."

"Really" Jack chimed. "Mind if I ask what convinced ya?"

The first thing that came to mind was Lucas. "I just like the place I guess," you said as you glanced at Lucas quickly. "But apparently some of the teenagers in town found out and decided they didn't want me here. They trashed the place."

"Thats aweful," Marguerite said. "How long will it take to clean up?"

"They said it could be a few weeks. The kids trespassed and vandalised so the police'll be involved."

"Well your welcome to stay here."

"No, I couldn't. You've already done so much."

"Nonsense. You can stay in the guest house as long as you need."

"Thank you, I really appreciate it."

Marguerite and Jack smiled warmly before they continued eating. You looked over at Lucas again, who had an expression you couldn't read. He seemed tense, but not upset really. After dinner, Zoe showed you to the guest house, helping you carry your things in which were in the trunk. She said a small good night before leaving.