18. Tyler Lockwood

A few months ago:

Step by step it became clearer to you, now there was no turning back. The sun felt warmer than usual as you walked through your hometown, for the first time in 50 years.

It seemed that mystic falls hadn't changed except for the people. Sure, it became more modern, but the people here seemed more careless. Kids were running around, others friendly greeting each other like nothing bad would ever happen in this small town.

Seeing all those happy people made you forget for a second why you actually came back. The woman who played your brothers like fools, turned them into vampires and forced them to turn you too, seemed to be back in their lives. which, unfortunately, would mean that she would be back into yours as well.

At your brothers' request, you came back to mystic falls, even if there were no concrete threats from Katherine's side against you, they wanted to keep an eye on you in order to be able to protect you, if necessary.

________________

Even after years of not having set one foot in the city, you remembered every corner, so it wasn't difficult to find your way back home. Salvatore Mansion.

Many memories came back when you stood in front of the huge house, good ones but also not so nice moments went through your head. Again, not much had changed except for the voices that you heard in the living room of the house.

"Katherine." You threw your bag and suitcase and stormed into the house.

Katherine and you had a much more strained past than she had with your brothers. You were always the only thing that stood between her and her desire for love and power. Because if your brothers loved one thing more than their sick love for Katherine, it was you.

"Long time no see, Bitch." In a second you had her by the neck and pressed against the wall. "I should've known, they're still too weak to get rid of you." You clenched your teeth while staring at her. "But I promise you, I am not."

Katherine gasped and tried to remove your hand from her throat, but to no avail. Stefan ran to you and tried to get you off of her, but you could easily push him away with your other hand as if it was nothing.

Damon came to you and took your face in his hands, "it's nice to see you Y/N, now let her down." he commended calm. "It's not Katherine."

You didn't believe a word. He loved Katherine too, probably more than Stefan ever did, of course, Damon would try to protect her. You just squeezed her throat even more and smirked while doing so, which made him nervous but he didn't give you a choice. Even if you were stronger than Stefan, Damon could pull you away from her.

He throw you against the wall while Katherine fell to the ground. Seeing how your older brother helped her to get on her feet made your blood boil inside you.

You balled your fists, "I swear if you don't rip her stone-cold heart out of her chest, right now-"

Stefan got back up and ran to Katherine, she snuggled up against him, still trying to breathe while he held her tight. You couldn't stand this sight and were already looking for a way to kill her in the next few seconds.

"My- my Name is Elena."

"And mine is Death." You growled.

Damon couldn't help but chuckle, he missed having someone as sarcastic as him around. He took your hand and kissed the top of it. "Glad to have you back sissy, now sit down."

________________

Your brothers told you about Elena being Katherine's doppelganger. She was Stefan's girlfriend and Katherine was after her, presumably out of jealousy, but they didn't know for sure.