19. Tyler Lockwood (Part 2 of imagine 18)

A bit later you arrived at the ball, accompanied by Jeremy Gilbert, who was also privy to the plan. The Lockwood Mansion was beautifully decorated, Carol or the party planners really exceeded all expectations. From the outside, you could already see how well the family was and how important the evening would be for the Lockwoods.

You could feel some looks piercing you both. One especially, as you looked at the entrance to the Lockwood Mansion. Tyler was visibly confused why you would show up with Jeremy since you knew that the two didn't get along very well.

Jeremy also noticed Tyler's penetrating gaze. "I thought you were just friends, is there finally more now?" he grinned.

You took your mask out of your pocket and put it on. "Don't be like that, Jer!" You chuckled.

To Tyler's displeasure too, you and Jeremy were also friends. It was hard to avoid since he was the brother of your Twin's girlfriend. You decided to stay out of their argument as much as possible. But it wasn't always easy to do justice to both friends.

But unlike Tyler, Jeremy knew your secrets. Jeremy knew you were a Vampire and he knew that Tyler was more than just a friend to you and even if the two didn't particularly like each other, Jeremy accepted your feelings and was there for you, because no one else should know how you felt about Tyler. It was nice to have someone from whom you didn't have to keep any secrets.

______________

Jeremy noticed how nervous you were getting with every step you took towards the entrance.

"You ready?" Jeremy asked you, you nodded. "Are you afraid?"

You probably wouldn't admit it to anyone, but you couldn't really describe your feelings. Today the day had finally come when you and your brothers could finally free yourselves from Katherine. Meanwhile, you found yourself on a beautiful Masquerade Ball that you could hardly enjoy since you would use every free second to make sure Tyler is safe while he'd be flirting with other girls.

"Not of Katherine. She tried to kill me before and failed." You took Jeremy's arm. "But I know that something bad is going to happen, I feel it." You mumbled.

"Gilbert, who's your stunning partner?" Tyler complimented you while also trying to provoke.

Tyler didn't look bad himself, actually, he looked really handsome as he faced you in his black suit, it was hard not to stare at him for too long.

You could see how Jer' rolled his eyes under his mask. "I'll get us something to drink."

Now it was time to stick to the plan, find Katherine, distract her and kill her. But when you noticed Tyler's eyes watching Jeremy go, with the corners of his mouth drawn down as he tried to hide his fist, the plan had to wait for a second

"Don't tell me you're mad because I invited Jeremy."

"I'm not, I-"

"Hi Tyler, I looked everywhere for you." Sarah took his hand and smiled flirtily.

Suddenly you felt insecure to see Sarah cuddle up to Tyler, it hurt but of course, you didn't want anyone to notice, so you did what you could best and turned your pain into anger.

You placed your arm on your hip and your facial features changed.

"Y/N, it's not like that-"

"Hmh." You let out and walked past them, hitting Tyler's shoulder, then you stopped and turned around.

Even if you were confused about why Tyler was upset with you inviting Jeremy when he was with Sarah, you were more hurt that the others were right, Tyler flirted with everyone and didn't even hide it. He had no right to be mad at you if Sarah was his companion, whom he would probably replace with some other cheerleader later that night.