E L E V E N

"Why do you want Klaus's body?"

"Elena if I were to drain you right here do you think the Salvatores would want your body?"

"Cecelia," Elijah reprimanded making her sink back into her chair and stop talking.

Kol kept poking her but she continued to push him away. She wasn't ready to talk to him.

Together they sat at the Gilbert dining table along with Stefan and Damon on the phone. Elijah urged Cecelia to let him and Kol do the talking. They knew she was in no condition to think rationally.

"I don't want you here," Elena said glaring at her sister. The night before Cecelia sent a power blast through the Gilbert home, knocking all of the occupants out along with breaking a few bones.

"I don't want you breathing but I guess we don't get what we want."

"Alright come on," Kol took Cecelia's hand to try and drag her from the table. Even with his vampire strength, she was able to pull him back.

"I don't want to leave," she stated, "let me help, Elijah."

"Sweetheart, you threatening your sister is not bringing us any closer to getting Nik back. Let's go." He tried to pull her up again this time she let him.

"Yes run along now, Banshee," Damon said through the phone earning a low growl from the hybrid.

The pair left the home and journeyed to a nearby park in the town square. They sat on the swing set in silence.

"Should we be out right now?" Kol questioned looking around at the children.

Cecelia shrugged, "I doubt Alaric would out himself to the council by attacking us in public."

It was quiet again. Painfully quiet. She could feel the strings of their bond intertwining together. His consciousness bloomed in hers. She could see his memories like a movie. His emotions piled on her shoulders like bricks.

"Are you reading my mind?" He asked with his eyes closed. He seemed focused, trying to keep her out.

"I'm not doing it on purpose," she apologized. As much as she wanted to stop it wouldn't work.

Luckily Kol's phone rang at that moment, turning Cecelia's focus from the original.

"A deal has been made. It seems Alaric is linked to Elena. If we kill him he will kill her," Elijah informed without a greeting.

"Where's Nik," Cecelia asked as she slowly swung back and forth.

"They're keeping him in a storage unit. Rebekah is on her way there now."

"Tell her if she needs help to text me," Cecelia said and Elijah agreed. Kol hung up the phone and the pair sat in silence again.

"It works both ways, you know," He said softly. He looked up at her, "I can see you in this park, maybe about five or six. You look happy."

Looking around memories of her childhood flooded her mind. She remembered chasing Elena and Bonnie around the monkey bars while the adults made their silent judgments.

"My grams didn't like when I met with my siblings in public," she muttered looking into the sky, "the people here love to gossip."

"You were a child," he said in a questioning tone, "you can't write the wrongs of the people before you."

She grinned, "that's why I left."

"To New York?"

She nodded, "I was tired of being judged. I was a product of my parent's shame."