S E V E N

You ever have an out-of-body experience? When the world just stops moving it's just you and your thoughts. This has only occurred to me once before. It was a beautiful day that I cherish.

But this was dark and evil.

I could hear the yelling around me but it was muffled. It was just her and me. My mother. The beginning of my torment.

"Let her go." Arms gripped my waist but didn't release the right hold the green vines had on her throat. Another grasped my out-reached hands, giving me the warmth I didn't want. I slapped them away. 

"Why is she here?" I choked through my angry tears. This woman left me with a family that detested my entire existence. What could she want now?

"Esther is using Bennett magic to kill the Originals. Tonight," Abby gasped. Her glossy eyes connected with mine. "It's my fault let me help you."

"Help!" I screeched. Blood pooled in her ears. "What about when I needed help? Do you know how much you fucked up my life?"

"Cecelia let her go," the hands that held mine moved to my cheeks. "We need her." 

The vine retracted and she fell to the ground face-first. Elijah was at her side instantly. I focused my attention on the man in front of me. He grinned at my compliance.

His fingers brought sparkles down my tear-stained face. I found myself smiling too.

"Thank you, Kol," I heard from behind me. That was Nik judging by the sarcasm. I pulled my eyes away from Kol and turned to Nik. His eyes glimmered with amusement, "That's what the elemental enchanters have been teaching you?"

I blinked, conjuring another thick vine in front of Klaus's eye. With a flick of my wrist, it swatted him in the cheek. Laughter erupted from Kol earning a glare from the hybrid.

"Was that necessary?" He glowered.

I shrugged, "you asked. All I did was answer your question." I looked back at my mother and then at Nik, "Why is she here?" I asked once again.

"Mother is planning to kill us," Kol spoke as he made his way to the couch. He plopped down, "Tonight."

I frowned. "How long have I been gone?"

"Almost 2 weeks. Speaking of which answering your phone is the reason why you have it," Nik snarked. I ignored him.

"Okay but what does Abby have to do with this?" I had many questions swirling in my mind.

"Our mother is using Bennett magic and the ancestors to try and end our existence. She came to warn us. Esther enlisted her help as well as Bonnie," Kol explained as he fiddled with his cell phone.

"And you trust her?" My eyebrows shoot up.

Nik gave me a look, "we were getting to that before you came and attacked her."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "This is why you get smacked. You're an ass."

He merely smiled, exposing his dimpled cheeks. With a shrug of his shoulders he leaned up against a wall. "You asked. All I did was answer your question." I glared at him.

He sighed loudly as he leaned on the wall. "How are you feeling?"

I searched his eyes for any lingering sarcasm but felt nothing. I let out a loud sigh, "Do you know how hard witchcraft is? Everything used to be so simple." I knew for a fact that that's not what he meant but I didn't quite understand my feelings at that moment.

"You've seen got the hang of it," Kol laughed. "Learning elemental magic?"

"Failing at elemental magic," I corrected. "I just had a breakthrough with water and earth. We realized I had to use music while casting elemental spells. I only have this down because I used it as entertainment."