Chapter 31

Tiffany's POV

I was sitting at a pub with Eleanor and Skylar, and we were all having drinks.

No, not alcohol. Be reasonable, it's only 4 o'clock in the afternoon. El and Skylar were drinking iced tea, and I was sipping on a 7-up.

Eleanor was listening to Skylar spill her feelings about her argument with Ashlyn. I kind of felt for her, but a kind of jealous rage had built up inside me, especially since she'd had such a good relationship with Niall.

And I didn't want that to happen again.

"And so Ashlyn gets all pissed off, and makes it clear I'm not welcome, so I don't know where I'm going now," Skylar admitted quietly, finishing her tale.

Eleanor pursed her lips. "I'm going to have a chat with that girl. She has no right to act that way around you. Sure, she may be mad, but that's no reason to explode at you like that."

"It's probably been escalating since Skylar left for Toronto," I put in.

"Maybe," Eleanor sighed. She glanced at her phone. "Can the boys join us?"

"Sure--" I was cut off by Skylar. "If they come, I'm going," she said tightly.

"Because of Ashlyn?" Eleanor asked sympathetically.

Skylar's eyes flicked to mine, then back at her drink. "No. Not that. Thanks for listening, El. Nice to meet you, Tiff. I think I'll head back home tonight, though."

"You flew all the way back to London from Ottawa and you don't even stay for more than a day?" Eleanor asked sadly.

Skylar shrugged. "I have to stop by my parents' house first. Then..." her voice trailed off. "I have a job to do."

"What kind of job?" I asked, interested now.

Skylar went pink in the face. "You'll see," she said vaguely. "It's nothing all that important."

She's hiding something, I thought darkly. I was friendly around her, but I always had my guard up. Did she still like Niall?

Nah, she can't have, or else she wouldn't have left him, the voice in my head told me. He's all yours now.

At least I hoped so.

"Where are you going then?" Eleanor asked.

"I have to visit Carter in Ireland, as well as my parents," Skylar sighed. "Then...like I said before...I have a job to do."

Eleanor giggled. "You make it sound like you're a spy."

Skylar flushed. "Yeah, okay then. Which I am not. I have to talk to Management." Then she went bright red. "I mean, ignore what I just said."

"You're in touch with Management?" I asked incredulously. "Not even the boys are!"

It was true, the boys were only in touch with Management when they needed to talk to them.

"Maybe," Skylar admitted.

"Something to do with your new job?" Eleanor asked, wiggling her eyebrows. God, she was just like her boyfriend. Goofy, sassy, and sometimes crazy.

Skylar shrugged. "Anyways, thanks for everything," she said, standing up. "But I should catch my flight to Ireland."

"When's your flight?" I asked.

Skylar glanced at her phone. "Uh...7:00."

"Gosh, you've gotta be there soon!" Eleanor shrieked.