Chapter 39

::Quikkie::

Do y'all prefer the longer chapters with more POVs, or the shorter chapters with one POV per chapter? Lemme know. If you prefer the second option, COH would have MORE chapters, and probably more frequent updates, but it also means less happens in each chapter. Lemme know, ur input is crucial at this point! Whichever option earns the most votes will be the option I start with for ETU (Expect The Unexpected).

Thanks! Now, on to the next part (BTW I will be trying out the one person POV in this chapter, meaning it WILL be shorter. Most of my current chapters are five pages long, this one may only be 2 or 3. Just a heads up!)

Skylar's POV

"Senators forward Erik Karlsson underwent surgery this morning to repair a lacerated Achilles tendon, and is projected to miss at lesat 3-4 months recovering. Expect the Senators' to call up a defenseman from the minor leagues to take his place." I read off the teleprompter, smiling at the camera while doing so. "Forward Matt Cooke, who was involved in the play, will not receive any supplemental discipline from the League, calling it 'a complete accident', however, others disagree, including the Ottawa Senators' columnist Don Brennan, saying 'Once a dirty player, always a dirty player'. Furthermore, while GM Bryan Murray, while furious with Cooke after the play resulted in an injury to possibly the best defenseman in the league at the moment, has shifted his concerns to ensuring that Karlsson will fully recover and finding a replacement for last year's Norris Trophy winner."

The cameraman nodded and cut back to the studio panel. "Thank you, Skylar," one of the men said, as they continued their broadcast.

I stepped off of the stage and made my way as quietly as I could to the table where my things were, sat down, and took a sip of my water. 

The Karlsson injury was a huge story right now in the NHL. While I wasn't entirely familiar with the sport, I'd done a LOT of reading and analyzing to be able to actually report the story. I'd even watched videos on how the injury had occured, and I was really hoping he'd make a full recovery. I mean, Cooke's skate had sliced Karlsson's Achilles tendon, not fully, but it was a 70% tear, which wasn't good. It had to be pretty painful, and I'm glad that the guy was able to undergo surgery that quickly.

Once the broadcast had cut to commercial, the men sitting at the panel walked over to me. "Excellent job, Skylar, each night you're getting better at this."

"Thanks," I replied, smiling. "I just hope I don't look to amateur-ish in front of the camera."

One of the men, PJ Stock, I believe, laughed. "Don't worry, you looked completely professional."

"I sure hope so," I said. "Is that all for tonight?"

Kevin Weekes replied, "Yes, that's it. Thank you so much, and we'll see you back again tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be something new for you to report on."

I laughed. "Hopefullly. Thanks, boys!" I waved as I walked out of the studio with my bag.

My phone buzzed as I got into my car. I pulled it out and answered the incoming call. "Hello?"

"Hey Sky!" Keaton said excitedly.

I laughed. "Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing..." Keaton trailed off.

"I know you're hiding something," I said knowingly, smirking.

"Fine," he groaned. "We're going on tour!"

I let out a squeal. "Actually? Where? For how long?"

"Until June, but we made sure that no shows were booked the weekend of your brother's wedding," he said. "And we'll be doing North America."