Chapter 40

Tiffany's POV

"When can I see you?" I asked sadly.

Niall had just told me that he and the boys were on tour, and wouldn't be back until Skylar's brother's wedding in May. Niall had begged me to RSVP, even though I wasn't too keen on it. But once I'd heard he was in the wedding party, I'd RSVPd and made Ashlyn do it as well.

"Sorry love," Niall said apologetically. "We can't. There's no break until...May."

The hesitation in his voice made me wonder if there was in fact a break in their tour before May. But I let it go.

"All right," I sighed. "I'll miss you."

"...I'll miss you too. Bye." Niall was really short in his reply, and the phone clicked before I could say I love you.

My face flamed as I brought the phone down from my face and set it down on the counter. Ashlyn's concerned brown eyes met mine. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine," I mumbled. "He sounded....different."

That was the right word. I couldn't really pinpoint exactly how he sounded. He just didn't sound the way he normally did when he talked to me.

"Are you gonna go see them in March?" Ashlyn asked, intterupting my thoughts.

"What?" I asked. "Niall said that he wouldn't be able to see me until May!"

Ashlyn shrugged. "That's not what Liam told me. Apparently there's a two week break in March."

My face burned redder. "He lied to me?!?!?!?" I yelled incredulously.

Ashlyn's face was a mask of sympathy, and doubt. "I'm sure he didn't lie to you, Tiff. What did he say exactly?"

"He said he wouldn't be able to see me until the wedding in May," I mumbled.

"Maybe he was telling the truth," Ashlyn said thoughtfully. "What if he has plans during that two week break? Like, he's gonna go visit his family, or the boys are going on vacation."

"Aren't you gonna see Liam?" I asked.

"Depends if he calls me up or comes back to London," Ashlyn replied, standing up. "Anyways, I'm late for my shift, I'll talk to you later, 'kay?"

"Sure," I said despondently.

Ashlyn sighed. "Cheer up, Tiff. It's only February. If you can't see Niall in March, it's only what, 3 months 'til May."

"The wedding's at the end of May," I pointed out.

"And we're at the end of February," Ashlyn countered. "It's February 26th."

"Fine," I mumbled.

"That's the spirit," Ashlyn said encouragingly. "Anyways, bye!"

She sailed out the door, leaving me to bask in my misery. [A/N: This is an oxymoron, since to 'bask' means to 'lie or relax in pleasant warmth or atmosphere', yet Tiff is 'basking' in 'misery'. Just thought I'd give you an insight to my poetic mind ;) Anyways, back onto the story!]

I pulled out my laptop and tapped out a message on Twitter:

Tiffany Edwards @Tiffloves1D

Missin my beau @NiallOfficial coming to visit in March?

That would let him know that I knew he'd lied.

I closed the lid of my laptop and stared blankly at the wall. Ashlyn worked the late afternoon shift Buffalo Wild Wings. I danced with my dance troupe 3 times a week and worked at Starbucks the other days to help pay for rent. (Ash and I split that, of course).