Chapter 45

Louis's POV

I squeezed Eleanor's hand as we waited for the results of the test.

"I hope it's yours," Eleanor whispered. 

"Let me get this straight, your second-cousin banged you exactly two days after we did it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

She turned red and looked at her feet. "Maybe."

"El, you don't have to lie to me," I said honestly.

"I know, but it's just so embarassing and shameful," she said sadly. "I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't yours."

"We'd make the best of it," I said encouragingly.

It was a few hours since I'd gotten to the hospital, and the boys were texting me nonstop, wondering if we'd gotten results back yet.

El giggled as my phone buzzed again. "Here we go again."

I groaned. "You've got to be kidding me."

But when I took out my phone, it wasn't from any of the boys. Instead, it read:

From: Unknown Number

 Hey b@stard stay away from my gurl. Or else.

My heart stopped. "El, it wasn't from the boys," I mumbled.

"Then who was it from?" she asked curiously.

"I think it was your second-cousin," I mumbled.

"Who?"

"Your second-cousin," I said more clearly.

Her eyes widened with fear. "But...how? He's supposed to be in...London."

The look in her eyes told me that's what she truly and genuinely thought.

"Then how'd he get my number?" I asked, confused.

"After Eleanor had passed out, I took liberty of adding your number to my phone just in case we needed to talk," a voice said. A voice that sent chills down my spine.

I bolted upright and whirled around.

A man was standing in front of me, with shaggy, sandy brown hair and a tall, muscular frame. El turned around as well, and gasped.

"Sh-" she choked, turning white. "Shane."

"That's right, love, and I'm back. For you."

This guy was just creepy. I was frightened, but I had to stay brave for Eleanor's sake.

"So, this is your boyfriend," Shane said, sizing me up. "All right, I suppose."

"Shane, shut up and get the hell out of here," Eleanor said furiously. "You don't belong here."

"As a matter of fact, I do, because it's a 50/50 chance it's my kid," he said smugly, coming over and sitting down. 

"No," I snapped. "It'll be mine."

"And then you think I'll leave, right?" Shane asked, smirking. "Far from it. I'll win custody."

"No, you won't," Eleanor said angrily. "Just because you have connections, doesn't mean you get to keep the kid. Because technically what you did to me is illegal."

"Oh, is it now?" Shane asked, his lip curling. "Just remember, we're in Canada now."

"It's still illegal here," I said furiously. Oh, how I just wanted to kill this piece of trash.