Chapter 42 (SLIGHTLY LONGER)

::Quikkie::

So from here on out the chapters will no longer be generically 4+ pages long, and they will vary from 1-6 pages, depending on the writing mood I'm in. 

Read on!

Niall's POV

I was pissed off.

Skylar had vented to me about KEATON OF ALL FREAKING THINGS TO VENT ABOUT.

It made me...jealous.

Something I'd never felt before.

But it wasn't right, I was in love with Tiff.

RIght?

"NIALL!" Liam hollered. He was holding a phone in his hand and looking deathly pale.

"What?" I yelled back, not in the mood to talk.

"DANI CALLED, BOYS GET YOUR ARSES OWN HERE!" he shouted.

In a flash, we were all standing before him.

"What's wrong, Liam?" Harry asked.

Poor Liam was pale as a ghost and shaking. "Dani called, she and Eleanor are flying to Toronto as we speak," he mumbled.

"Why?" Louis asked. Then something in his face changed. "What happened to Skylar?"

"She was involved in an head-on collision with another car. She's undergoing surgery at the moment, she lost a lot of blood and one of the shards from the windshield pierced her heart."

My heart throbbed. "So she's...not going to make it?"

"We don't know that," Liam said, "But Vanessa and Carter are already there, waiting for her to come out fo surgery...alive."

"So she will come to?" Zayn asked hopefully.

Liam looked grim. "We can't be sure. It's too early to tell. She only just went to surgery, according to Dani who received a call from Carter."

"So why are you telling us?" I asked crossly.

Everyone gaped at me. "You're not worried about her at all?" Zayn demanded. "What kind of cruel, heartless man has Tiff turned you into?"

"Of course I'm worried!" I said indignantly. "But if she's going to come out alive--" 

"That's the problem," Harry said angrily. "Tiff has turned you into a cold, heartless maniac who doesn't care."

"Did you know open heart surgery has a 20% chance survival rate only?" Zayn yelled. "Your so-called best friend only has a 20% chance to come out of this surgery alive!"

His words hit me like a boulder crashing onto me. "She--" I choked out, feeling faint. I swallowed and took a deep breath. "We have to go to Toronto."

"I thought Tiff told you to stay away from her," Louis said.

I shrugged. "Screw TIff. This is my best friend we're talking about."

"But Niall, we have a concert tonight," Liam said quietly.

"I have to know," I pleaded.

"We can't rush over there," Louis said, trying to calm me down. "What if she makes it out and she's fine? Then she'll have Eleanor, Dani, her brother, and Vanessa to take care of her."

"But..." I mumbled.

"Dani said she'd call me with an update," Liam reported.

I sighed. "Okay. But I want to know the moment you get results, 'kay?"