Chapter 43

Anyone have their thoughts on me creating a Facebook page for Guitar Buddy Trilogy? Vote for YES, do nothing for NO. Comment on what you think!

So yes, this chapter will start with the much too awaited Niall's POV. I'm sure you all want to know what he thinks of Skylar's condition.

So, without further disruption...

READ ON!

Niall's POV

"SHE WHAT?" I shrieked.

"She can't remember...you."

"But she remembers you? I don't get it!" I yelled angrily.

"She doesn't remember anyone that she was directly thinking about right before she got concussed. Meaning you, Tiff, Ash, and Keaton," Liam explained.

"I have to go see her," I said, then let out a sob.

How could my best friend not remember me?

"Does she not remember...me at all?" My voice cracked.

"Nothing."

Tears wavered on the brink of my lids and I shut them, feeling the hot liquid run down my cheeks.

"I know you want to go see her," Harry said quietly. "But I think the best thing for now is for you to move on. You did say you've wanted to get over her, so here's your chance."

I let out a sob and shoved him away from me, stumbling off. I ran blindly and didn't stop until I pushed through a door and found myself in the cool, February air.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Skylar's number. I waited impatiently for the call to be put through.

"....Hello?"

"Skylar?" I asked desperately.

"Uh...Niall...at least...that's what the caller ID said. I'm sorry....I don't know who you are," Skylar said quietly.

"It's me," I whispered. "Please, try to remember me."

There was silence.

Then, "I'm sorry. I really am, but I don't know who you are. Are you part of Liam's band? Dani said she called him to tell you guys."

"I'm your best friend," I said quietly. "You know, the blond-haired, blue-eyed one? The one with braces, Niall?"

"I'm sorry, Niall, besides knowing you're part of Liam's band, I honestly have no idea who you are. But can I trust you with something?" she asked quietly.

Of course she could. 

"You can trust me with your life, Sky," I promised.

She laughed, something I hadn't heard in years. "All right. Well...you have to promse not to tell anyone. Liam knows, 'cause Dani told him. But...I think I used to know you well enough that I can trust you not to say anything to anyone, Louis especially."

"You can," I said, wondering where on Earth this was heading.

"Eleanor..." she took a shaky breath.

"Skylar, what are you doing?" a voice demanded. "You can't tell him!"

"Dani, you told Liam!" Skylar said indignantly.

"There's a difference," Dani insisted.

"I don't want Louis to know, and if Niall knows the entire band will know, because then two of them know," Eleanor yelled, sounding like she was close to tears.