Chapter 38

Niall's POV

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Louis hollered, running into the flat we all shared.

"Lou, it's been a new year for almost a week now," Liam said exasperatedly, coming in after him.

"I know!" Louis yelled. "I'm just excited. It's a new year, new things, and yay Kevin's another year older!"

"It's our Zaynie-Poo's birthday in 5 days," Harry cooed as he and Zayn walked in.

I crashed on the couch, exhausted, while Zayn swatted at Harry. "Stop," he said warningly.

I was so tired. The plane had been delayed 5 hours yesterday leaving Dublin, and I'd gotten off the plane at 3 o'clock in the morning because of it. I was supposed to land in at 10pm. Ridiculous.

"What's wrong, Nialler?" Harry asked, sitting next to me. 

"I'm tired," I moaned. 

Liam looked at me sympathetically. "Why were you needed in Ireland so badly, Ni?"

"Mum thought it would be a wonderful idea to get Skylar and I reacquainted before she left for Canada," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

Everyone gasped. 

"Skylar?" Louis shouted. "What happened?"

"She's moving to Canada?" Harry yelled. "I thought she was back in California!"

"Apparently she got fired," I said, shrugging. "They asked her to become Emblem3's band manager, she refused, and they fired her."

"Wow, that's harsh," Zayn said, shaking his head.

"So she went back to Ireland for..." Liam hesitated.

"Christmas, but she left on the 26th," I said heavily.

"Where is she now?" Louis asked.

"In Toronto, working at some sports TV broadcaster," I replied. "That's what Carter told me." The thought of Carter brought the wedding back to mind. "Right. Did you lot check your mailboxes before you left?"

"Oh yeah, I saw the wedding invitation," Zayn recalled.

"So did I," Harry said. "We're all invited?"

"Yeah, and you guys have to come, because I'm part of the wedding party," I said. 

"Actually?" Liam gasped.

"Of course," I said, somewhat offended. "Carter and I were best friends."

"What about Skylar?" Harry asked.

"She's one of Vanessa's bridesmaids," I mumbled. "And Carter and Vanessa thought it'd look cute to have to two of us walk down the aisle together. I don't know how I'm gonna explain this to Tiff."

"You won't get a chance to in person," Liam reminded me. "We leave for tour on Monday."

I sighed. "When's our next break?"

"We get a two week break in March," Harry replied.

"I already RSVP'd to the wedding," Louis said, shrugging. 

"Wow," I said in admiration. "Louis, actually getting stuff done."

Louis pouted. "Puh-lease," he said, snapping his fingers in a sassy way. 

"I did it this morning," Liam said, shrugging. "I was wondering why I got the invitation, but I figured it was because it was Sky's brother."

"That wouldn't explain why Ashlyn and Tiff would be invited," I mumbled.