Chapter 49

Attention to all readers, Change of Heart will only be around 5-6 chapters long. Since I've gotten WAY off track, (I was planning to finish COH by next week) it may not be 'til the end of March when the book finally ends. Then it may be a few days before Expect the Unexpected will be posted.

So here's the much awaited court scene, featuring everyone from COH, except Vee & Carter, Emblem3 |Sorry, Emblemers :( |  and Tiffany (Tiff haters can be happy). 

Eleanor's POV

"I'm so nervous," I mumbled as we prepared to enter the courtroom.

Louis gripped my hand. "It'll be all right," he murmured. "I'm sure we've got enough evidence to win this thing, right Jenna?"

The blonde bimbo grinned flirtatiously and ran her hands through Louis's hair, making me tremble with rage. "Absolutely," she purred. "I'm sure you'll win, Louis. And you, Eleanor." She had added that last part as an after thought.

I clenched my jaw as Louis's breath tickled my ear. "She means nothing, babe, get through this and she'll be gone for good."

That made me feel a bit better, but it didn't calm the nerves settling in a big tight, knotted ball at the base of my stomach.

The doors opened and we filed into court.

I settled into my seat beside Louis as Jenna prepped her notes for the trial and took a deep breath.

It's time.

Skylar's POV

Just as we were filing into our seats in the courtroom, my phone buzzed.

Shoot, I thought. Do I see what it is?

No. But...what if it was urgent?

I pulled it out and glanced at the screen briefly. Luckily, it was only a text. 

But...it was from Keaton.

The room suddenly felt very warm, and I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks. Keaton was probably mad I'd forgotten to Skype with him a few days ago.

But hey, I was busy helping Ellie prep for her big courtroom case. That took precedent over my relationship, in my opnion.

Making a split-second decision, I clicked on the text.

From Keats: Hey...we need to talk.

That was never a good sign. I swallowed uncomfortably as I put the phone away and settled into my seat, my mind wandering.

I wondered what he wanted to talk about.

"Hey, you all right?" Harry whispered. "You look a bit pale."

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm all right. 

The courtroom doors opened and the judge entered. From a separate door, Louis and Eleanor, along with a really pretty blonde, whom I assumed was their lawyer, followed and took their seats. Another door opened and I saw Shane walk in, with policemen surrounding him, followed by a familiar face I hadn't seen in a long, long time.

Harry inhaled sharply, colour flooding his face.

"You all right?" It was my turn to ask.

He swallowed. "Sure, let's go with that."

I don't know if he realized, but he was gripping my arm tightly.

"Haz," I mumbled. "Not too tight."