The Chief's Predictions!

Hey! I’m back! (:

--------------------------------------

Naruko’s POV

“Neh? They summoned us? What for?” I asked, tilting my head to the side.

“They… Wanted to talk to you.” Fukasaku said, “Now follow us. Kentaro-sama and Chief-sama would like to speak with you both.”

“Kentaro’s here too?!” I grinned.

“Yes, of course! The toads and wolves share this mountain. Did you not know this, Naruko-chan?” Fukasaku asked. I shook my head.

“Ah, well now you know.” The old toad replied, leading us into some sort of cave.

“I’ve brought them.” He spoke, looking upwards at the 2 giant creatures before him. One was Kentaro, and the other was an old, giant toad.

“It was I who called you forth, umm…. Uh… What was your name?” The geezer sage asked, making everyone sweatdrop.

“Oh! Naruto Uzumaki, right! And Naruko as well, I presume!”

I ignored the sage as he spoke to Naruto about a prediction, and I turned to Kentaro.

“Well? I’m guessing you summoned me here as well?” I asked him. He nodded.

“Like the Great Toad Sage, I have seen your future as well.” The giant wolf spoke. I rose an eyebrow at his tone of voice. He seemed rather grim and confused.

“Well, I’ll start with this. I don’t exactly know what everything meant, and I can’t tell you all of it. But this, I can tell you. Apparently you are to… Meet an octopus. But be aware that on this journey, not everything said will be of truth.”

“You will meet again with someone whom you have not yet decided to be a friend or enemy. He will have already departed with another person you know. And that person is not who you think.”

I sighed. “Of course. That all makes complete sense… Besides the octopus part.”

Relief flashed across Kentaro’s face. “Good. At least one of us knows the answer.” He lightly laughed.

I smiled. As I turned to face Naruto, I saw another toad shoving some scroll into Naruto’s throat.

My jaw dropped, “Oi, oi! What the hell are you doing?!” I shouted.

“Putting Minato’s key in Naruto! Yours is up next!” The toad yelled.

“Eh? Mine? Up next?! What the hell does that mean, you-!” My eyes widened as the toad grabbed a similar scroll and also shoved it down my throat. Once it was down, I gasped for air.

“That hurt!” I whined, clutching my throat. I felt rather queasy as well.

“Neh, you’re dismissed.” Fukasaku waved us off, and we disappeared, only to reappear in the ramen shop.

Now I wonder how this will play out…

--------------------------------

Once again, a short chapter. Sorry ._. All of this week I had family over, so I was too busy. Not to mention all the work I had to get done.

Sweetamanda XOXO