Him Again

Naruko’s POV

I just stared, my mouth slightly open. My eyes were wide as I stared at the thing in front of me.

Onyx eyes met blue eyes, and it was like time itself stopped. I closed my mouth, staring with no emotion at the farmiliar boy in front of me.

Sasuke.

Sasuke Uchiha.

The boy that left the Leaf Village 3 years ago. The boy that left me three years ago.

“You came too…” He mused. I narrowed my eyes, holding my head high. I wouldn’t let this boy see me weak. I wouldn’t let him have the pleasure of making me angry. He wouldn’t get that out of me… Or at least I hoped.

“I assume… Kakashi is here?” Sasuke asked casually. “Unfortunatly, Kakashi couldn’t make it. I’m here in his place. Team Kakashi is here… To escort you back to the Leaf.” Yamato said. I scoffed, hanging my head. So persistent… Honestly… He isn’t going to come back. I thought bitterly.

“Team Kakashi,” Sasuke mused. His gaze drifted to Sai as he gripped the handle to his sword. Sakura glanced at him, clenching her teeth.

Sai held out his sword, and Sakura snapped. “I knew it! Sai, don’t!” She yelled.

“He was saying something about wanting to protect the bond between Naruto and me… Even Naruko.” Sasuke scoffed. I didn’t change my expression, or even glance at the Uchiha. I just stared at Sai blankly.

“Sai… I thought your mission was to assassinate Sasuke…” Sakura trailed off. “It’s true. I was given a classified mission to find and eliminate Sasuke. But I’m through following orders. From now on, I think for myself. Naruto… I think you can help me remember to bring back those old feelings I thought were lost. Things…. That were once important to me.”

“I really don’t know much about you Sasuke, but I do know Naruto, Sakura, and Naruko would be willing to risk about everything for you.” He said. I scoffed under my breath, narrowing my eyes. Yeah right.