Chapter 8

(Niall's POV)

Well, I finally got out of jail, for good. And Jessica is going to work today. I know I shouldn't be like this, but I feel really mad, not jealous, about her meeting Austin. I've met him, and he's a player. He picks up a new girl at least once a week, and if he does the same to Jess, and make her upset, I'm going to be super mad. I don't care if I would go back to jail for it, I want her to be safe. I know we've broken up, several times, but I still care about her. I didn't want to move into their house, so I decided to get my own apartment. It probably isn't as good as that house, but I have to do whatever I can to stay away from Jess so I don't make her upset. I remember the last time seeing her and what she said before I went back.

"Goodluck, Niall. Don't forget us... me."

She whispered the part where she said 'me.' I know that she still somewhat cares for me too. But we haven't seen each other in about four months, which makes me really upset. I want to see her beautiful face everyday, but it's too much, that I might cry myself. She might as well, and I don't want that to happen.

"Fucking hell!" I screamed and threw the empty bottle of beer on the floor. Why do I have to be so fucking stupid? Only if I didn't kiss Natasha, then everything would okay. Then Holly when we were dating.

I slung myself on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I wish she never found out. I wish that I never kissed them. I wish I could still be with Jess, but it's all too late now. She's given me too many chances that now she probably won't even give me another chance.

Before I could do anything else, there was a knock at the door. I wasn't expecting company. I groaned and walked to the front door. I grumbled again and opened it, revealing people I didn't want to see. The gang. John's gang. Antonio, Brandon, Thomas, Rebecca, Janice, Veronica, and the old man, Justin. Yeah, I found out Justin was in his gang, but that was after I went to court. What I didn't know before, is that they all have a symbol of a 'J' written on their wrists. SO I found out about it when I first spotted the whole gang about a year ago.

"What do you guys want?" I grumbled rolling my eyes and folding my arms.

"Niall, stop acting that way or else you'll get hurt. Don't try with us." Thomas warned me, but I scoffed at them rolling my eyes once again.

"You little bastard!" Brandon shouted shoving me back. He still has his Mexican accent, but to be honest, he's getting better at his English since the last time I saw him.

"Brandon, stop it! Don't do anything to him." Justin and Rebecca said together. I stared at the both of them, wanting all of this nonsense to stop.

"Now, give it here." Justin demanded. I know what they're talking about, and I'm not giving it to them.

"I don't have it."

"Give it here you fucking liar!" Thomas called me out again.

"I told you, I don't fucking have it. Now, if you mother fuckers could nicely leave my life, I would be grateful and spare your little mother fucking lives." I spat at them, earing a gasp from Veronica and Janice.

"Niall-" Janice started, but she was cut off by Justin.

"I got this." He pushed his way through, making sure it was only us talking. He closed the door behind him making sure that they wouldn't see what he was going to do.

"I can see that you've been drinking. Good boy." He smirked. "Now, where's the god damn box?"

"I told you, I don't fucking have it." I spat in his face.

"Wrong answer." He laughed and pushed me back, hard enough that I fell to the ground. "Say goodbye." He laughed once again taking out a gun. I prepared for the shot, but I never felt it.

"No!" I heard a girl shout. My eyes shot open to see what was going on. Oh god no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Jessica is going to be so damn mad.

"What the fuck man!" I screamed looking up at Justin. He looked stunned by the sight he was witnessing.

I got up and pushed Justin to the ground. He hit his head on the wooden door behind him. He blacked out. I knelt down by her side shaking her.

"Please tell me your okay." I practically begged her. I heard a loud breath come from her and a chuckle. I looked down to where the bullet hole was; in her thigh. "It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay." I reassured her. Her long, dirty blonde locks were covering up her face. I pushed the hair away to look at her clearly. I smiled at her, then remembered about the wound.

I took my shirt off and put it where it was. I wrapped it around her leg making sure no blood was going to come through.

"Niall, you don't have to do this." I looked over to her. She was loosing too much blood, it's so not healthy. Her face was pale, like she's seen a ghost or something. This cannot be happening. Jess is going to lose her best friend because of me. She's never going to forgive me now.

I quickly got my phone and ringed the hospital.

"An ambulance is coming in a few minutes. Hang on there." I reassured her. I pulled her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "Nothing's going to happen to you, I promise."

"Promise?" Her voice was so low and raspy, it was barely audible.

I heard footsteps walking away and grunting.

"Next time, Horan. Next time." Justin said as he left.

The ambulance finally got here and took Ariel away.

"Make sure she's going to be okay, please." I begged a man. He nodded his head.

"Is she your girlfriend or something?"

"No, she's my... girlfriend's best friend." I half lied there. Jessica isn't my girlfriend.

"Okay. We'll make sure." He gave me a sympathetic smile as they took off with her.

What have I done?

Okay, so I know this wasn't the best chapter, but it had a lot of drama! That's for sure. I also wanted to add Niall's POV because I wanted you guys know how he feels.

This isn't going to be a long author's note, like the other one -_-

Anyways, please comment, vote, and share!

Much love My Little Niallers <3

-Brooke