Chapter 17

After a little while, Niall and I finally stopped. Don't worry, we didn't really do anything. We were just sitting on the couch and watching movies right now. We decided on watching 'Warm Bodies.' That was one of my favorites, next to That Awkward Moment. Niall finished popping popcorn and we were starting the movie.

---

I suddenly woke up on a bed. Great, I fell asleep through another movie! I always fall asleep through good movies dang it! I looked around for a clock, it was 2:41 a.m. Everyone at the house is probably thinking, 'where the heck did Jess go?' And my dad,'she better not be doing anything with Niall.'

I yawned, stretched, then get out of bed. I walked to the bathroom, did my business, and splashed some cold water on my face helping me wake up. I never really been in his apartment, so I didn't really know my way around this place.

I was touching the walls because, let's be honest, it was pitch black. I accidentally hit my toe on the wall, stupid.

"Jess?" I heard a low, raspy, Irish voice. God he sounded hot when he wakes up. I then saw the light from his phone. "What're you doing up?"

"I just woke up, how about you?" I asked him being blinded from the light. "Please lower the phone."

"Sorry," he mumbled putting his phone down. "I heard a thump and thought it was you trying to find your way around."

"And you were right," I ended the conversation. It then became awkwardly silent.

"Niall," I said breaking the silence.

"Hmm?" He mumbled looking at me. I was going to ask the question, but o got too nervous.

"Never mind," I looked down to my feet embarrassed. I put his finger on my chin making me look up at him.

"Don't be embarrassed love," he smiled. I felt my stomach flutter when he called me love.

"Nah, it's stupid," I looked down, but I couldn't put my head down.

"Just tell me, I won't laugh, I promise," I tried to reassure me.

"Well, I was just wondering if you'd," I started, but I couldn't ask it. I wanted to ask him out, but I couldn't do it. "Like to go out to eat?"

"Now?" He chuckled taking his finger away.

"Hey! You said you wouldn't laugh!" I complained with a slight laugh myself.

"Sorry, so, where would you like to go?" He had a grin plastered on his face. I could tell that he was trying not to laugh.

"I was thinking like McDonalds or Starbucks," I suggested. He smirked and grabbed ahold of my hand. He lead us outside and to his car.

"I can't believe we're doing at almost 3 in the morning," he laughed. I pouted, but laughed with him. Hey, it was the first thing I could come up with.

---

He pulled up to a McDonalds that was close by.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked me going to the drive-thru. I thought about it then answered with a smile.

"10 piece chicken nuggets with fries and a Dr. Pepper," I answered. He looked at me stunned.

"I think I love you even more."

I felt my stomach flutter again. Why is he doing this to me?! He ordered our food, apparently we got the same thing. He pulled up to a drive-in theatre that was presenting 'Grease.' By now, we were done with our food.

---

This was like a date, and I liked it. He started to drive us home, until it started raining. Great, and he doesn't have any umbrellas in the car. Plus, all we're wearing are pajamas. We might just get hypothermia. I'm just overthinking it.