Chapter 23

Niall's POV

It was in the middle of Thursday night when I did this. I'm finally going to bring them to justice.

I appeared at their household dressed in all black. If I die, I hope Jess knows that I love her.

I picked the lock and opened the door. The first person I saw was Brandon laying on the couch, sleeping. Perfect.

I grabbed the remote and turned the tv off. I quickly flipped the light switch making it dark in here.

"Who's in here?" I heard his Mexican accent say. I let out a slight chuckle. "Thomas, if that's you, I swear."

I grabbed my pocket knife and stood in front of the couch where he is. I heard the click of a lamp and I saw him.

"N-Niall. Hi. W-What are you doing?" He asked looking scared. I just smirked at him.

"Brandon, hello old friend," I said making him even more terrified. "How about I make a bet with you."

"What is it?"

"You make them stay away from Jess and the boys."

"And what about you," He smirked and stood up, towering over me. Damn, why am I so small? "Little man?"

"I will either kill you guys, or send y'all go jail," I answered modestly.

"Hey! Who else is down here?" I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. It sounded like Justin.

"If you tell him I'm here, I will fucking murder you," I threatened Brandon, then hid in the pantry cabinet.

"Brandon, who were you talking to?" I heard Justin say.

"I was just talking to someone on the phone. I had it on speaker, I swear," he replied a little nervously.

I tried to scoot in a little more to see what's going on, but if I move anymore, then I'll fall out of the cabinet.

"Are you lying to me?" Justin asked him.

"No, I swear. I would never lie to you."

"Whatever. I'm going back upstairs," Justin said, then I heard footsteps going upstairs.

I walked out of the cabinet and looked at Brandon with shock. Why would he lie to him for me?

"What?" Brandon chuckled noticing the look on my face.

"Why would you do that for me?" I asked walking into the living room.

"I didn't want to die, so, yeah," he scratched the back of his neck, redness coming to his cheeks.

"Just please tell them not to hurt us anymore," I begged him. But, he gave me a look of uncertainty.

"You know what they want, Niall. Just give it to them, and this feud will be over," he explained. Then memories of Jess and I with that necklace came flooding into my mind.

"I-I can't. I want this to end, but I just can't," I sighed and sat on the couch. "It means so much to me." I put my head in my hands. I felt a hand being put on my shoulder.

"Niall, I completely understand. I kinda took something from them before, but I gave it back because they started hurting my family and girlfriend. When I gave it back, they instantly forgave me." I looked up at him.

"So, you're saying. If I give it back, they'll stop?"

"Yep, I promise," he assured me.

I then remembered what I said to Jess. I was going to give it to my kids, then to their kids. But, it's to protect my friends and Jess. I can't have them hurt anymore.