Chapter 15

Dedicated to Aaliyah_Vasquez  for voting and commenting!

And just so you guys know, this is a realllllyyyy important chapter to this whole book/series. On with the story!

"Aren't you going to tell Ariel what you told me?" I asked him winking. He cleared his throat, and right before he started speaking, someone came through the door.

You would've never guessed who came through that door. Remember that guy I told you about that told Harry and I about that fire in the hospital? Yeah, he's here right now.

"Daddy?" I asked looking closer to his figure.

"Hey Jessica," he said, his voice breaking as if he was about to cry. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

This was the father that helped give birth to me. This was the father that had as much fun with me as possible. This was the dad that would do anything to keep me safe because he loved me. And he's in my presence right now. I haven't seen this man for seven years.

"Why didn't you ever come back before I left?" I asked him. By now, most of the boys left the room to give him and I our 'special' moment.

"I'm sorry about that. I just want you to know that I wanted to keep you safe. Please don't hate me for it, please," he whispered the last sentence.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him. He pulled up his shirt sleeve and it showed a big, fat 'J' on it. No it couldn't be. "Y-You're part of the J Gang?" I asked doubtfully.

"I'm sorry, I tried to keep you safe. But you started to go out with John, and there was nothing I could do. I could only keep away the rest of them," he started then sat on the couch. I sat down with him. "Every time that I would try to make John stay back, he would use violence to get what he wanted, to hurt you."

"Why do they want to hurt me? And the boys?" I asked on the verge of tears.

"Because, Niall has something they want. I don't know what it is, but it's super important to them. So they would hurt the rest of you guys, including you, to get it. They have tried everything. But they can't get him to budge."

"Have you tried to do anything? Like, to get that thing that they're talking about?" I asked him. He looked down to his hands. He shook his head no. "Do you know any history between them and Niall?" He lifted his head up a little.

"I know only one thing. You're not gonna like it. Niall was once a part of the gang."

---

I banged on Niall's front door, hard enough that the people in China could probably hear me.

"Niall! Open this god damn door right now!" I shouted. The door opened slightly. It showed Niall scared half to death. "What the hell happened between the J Gang and you years ago? What did you steal from them?"

He opened the door to where his head was poking out. He looked around to see if anyone was around, then he grabbed my arm and dragged me inside his apartment.

"You have to swear that you will never tell another soul about this," he said going into his bedroom.

I sat down on the couch looking at the place. He shortly came back with a box. He sat down next to me.

"I swear that I will never tell another soul," I told him showing him that my finger were uncrossed. He nodded his head, then slowly opened the box.

It revealed a necklace that had a blue pear shaped diamond that was surrounded with white gold and other diamonds. It was a beautiful piece of jewelry.

"It's worth millions. It's the most rarest necklace in the world," he said picking it up. "And it would look beautiful on a beautiful girl." He said making me blush. He put the necklace on me. I can already feel the guilt coming in.

"Niall, I can't wear this," I said taking it off and putting it back in the box.

"Why not?"

"Because I-I have to tell my dad," I told him standing up.

"You swore!" He shouted standing up too.

"Niall, why did you join the gang along time ago? Why did you take this from them?" I asked him trying to calm down.

"It's not that easy to tell you," he said.

"Well, I need answers. If you're not going to tell me, I'm going to go to them instead," I said rudely, but I didn't care. His eyes widened.

"Fine, I'll tell you, but you'll hate me for it," he said sitting back down on the couch. I sat down with him. "I joined them before I became famous. I was almost sixteen when I did. I didn't know what I was doing. I don't even know why I joined them in the first place. I don't have that tattoo because I had to be eighteen to get it.

"Well, I took that necklace because, my family was poor. I took it to my parents, but they rejected it, so I kept it. I knew that they couldn't take care of it properly. So I took it everywhere I went.

"I wanted to give it to my kids when they were older. I wanted to keep it, but I didn't know the results that would come out of do that. I hurt you, Jess. I'm so sorry for doing that to you. Then I hurt Ariel, I'm such a terrible person." He put his head in his hands.

I felt so bad for him. I scooted closer to him and rubbed his back trying to comfort him.

"I forgive you," I told him. He looked up to me with a smile.

"Thank you, you don't know how much that means to me."