Chapter 9

(Niall's POV)

I was waiting outside outside Ariel's hospital room, hoping that she would be okay. I called the guys, but not Jess because she would be pissed about this. All the guys, including Liam, is here, waiting with me.

"Spill it, what the hell happened?" Zayn asked, clearly mad. I sighed as he sat down on a chair next to me.

"It's not completely my fault." I half lied. It is my fault. I shouldn't have just stayed there. I should have pushed her away so she woudln't get shot. But I was to selfish to even realize Ariel was there.

"Who did it?"

"Some guy who's on my ass 24/7." I tried to joke, but he didn't take it. He was really upset.

"NIALL JAMES HORAN!" I heard that all too familiar voice scream my name. It was Jessica. How the hell did she find out? "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED AND DO NOT FUCKING LIE TO ME!" This is the most I've ever heard her curse in a long time. This isn't too new, but I was a little uncomfortable.

"I'll tell you what-" I started but she cut me off by slapping my face. The sudden force to my face made me head turn the the direction the slap was going. Damn, I didn't know she was that strong.

"SHE COULD BE FUCKING DYING IN THERE FOR ALL WE FUCKING KNOW! DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING MAD I AM!" This isn't like her. I stood up, overtowering her. She looked up to me with pure hatred in her eyes. I took in the scent of her.

"Have you been drinking..." I took in another whiff of her. "And smoking?" I was completely stunned and shocked by what I smelled.

"WHAT DOES IT FUCKING LOOK LIKE TO YOU, HUH LOVER BOY?!"

"WELL IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE SO STOP YELLING AT ME!" I shouted back.

"You don't have to shout." She said in an old lady tone. I had to laugh at that, it was too funny not to. "And no, I'm not drunk. I just wanted to see your reaction." She laughed at me. I rolled my eyes at her and sat back down.

"And to answer that question..." I started off taking in a deep breath. "She got shot."

I turned my head to look at her. She was staring blankly into my eyes. She showed absolutely no emotion. I think she was stunned or shocked or something.

"Are you going to say anything?" I asked a little worried.

"I... Niall. How?" She managed to get out. That's the question I didn't want to answer.

"Can I-" I got cut off by the doctor from Ariel's room come out.

"Well, I have good news and bad news. Which one first?" Dr. Roberts asked.

"Good." Jess said to the man.

"Well, she's going be okay."

"And the bad?" I asked more worried.

"She's in a coma."

Those were the words I didn't want to hear.

"She lost too much blood. She should wake up in about a week." The doctor informed us walking away, probably for another patient.

(Jess' POV)

How could this be happening right now? It's going just fine, then this happened. How did she go over there quickly the first place?

"Well damn." Zayn said disappointed.

"I'm going to stay here." Liam spoke up after a couple minutes of silence. "To make sure she is going to be okay."

"Okay." Everyone said in unison. We laughed at each other and sighed.

"Stop copying me!" Louis laughed.

---

We finally arrived home, but Niall at his apartment. I honestly think that Niall and I are only going to be friends from now on.

"I'm going to take a nap." I announced headed upstairs to my room. I heard an echo of 'okay's as I arrived to my destination; my bed. I plopped down on my bed, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

Flashback (7 years ago)

"I can't believe you Michael!" I heard my mom yell at my dad.

"It's not my fucking fault!" He screamed back. I was in my room, the voices echoing throughout the whole house. Daniel was in my room, holding onto my body as a source of protection. The little guy is only 9 years old.

"It's going to be okay Danny." I tried to reassure him, but not even my words could help. He was shivering like a little chihuahua.

"I don't know." He responded.

"GODDAMMIT BITCH!" I heard my dad screech and a smash of a piece of glass. I knew he was drunk, because he would never do this kind of thing. Even my 12 year old self couldn't handle all of this.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW!" I heard my mom scream again. There was no more yelling after a slam of the front door. Danny and I ran up to my window to see dad walking to his car. He's leaving.

End of flashback

I gasped as I remembered that. My real dad, Michael, left when I was only 12 years old. That was one of the most terrifying days of my life. I stood up, but fell down to my knees. I curled up into a ball, staring at the wall.

After a couple seconds, I knew I was starting to have a panic attack. Everything was getting blurry, I couldn't even hear the tv from downstairs. There was no one to help me calm down. The only thing I could hear was the buzzing of my phone. It stopped, then that's where everything went blank.

---

"Jessica." I heard someone say my name. My eyes barely opened. The room was too bright. I saw a figure hover over me. It was a man. He had brown hair and hazel eyes. It was Louis.

Why couldn't I move? It was only a panic attack. I have those sometimes, but this has been the worst. This is the only time I've had one ever since I even met Niall.

"Jessica, can you hear me?" I heard another voice say. The voices are so fuzzy, I can barely even hear it. I then saw another figure hover over me. It's Ronnie. Why is he here? Where am I?

"Jess!" I heard another voice say. I knew it was Niall's. It's the only Irish voice I know.

Everything after that, I couldn't hear or see anything again. No, this isn't a panic attack. I'm having another asthma attack. I've had asthma since I was a baby, but I haven't had an attack since I was 8. I wonder why it's happening now after eleven years.

I gasped for air one more time, hoping the guys would know what I'm looking for. Next thing I knew, I was being lifted and placed on something. I tried to open my eyes, but it was mainly impossible right now. I reached a hand out if I could feel anything. I felt someone grab onto my hand.

"It's going to be okay." I barely heard Niall say.

Everything went blank again.

Okay, so I don't really know how asthma attacks work, so I'm guessing here. Don't judge me!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, my friend was Facetiming me, so I didn't have time to update. But now, since I'm free, hopefully, I can update again. I'll try to update on Monday, since tomorrow is Easter and I'm off of school on Monday :)

Anyways, hope you like the chapter! Please comments, vote, and share!

Much love my little Niallers ❤️

-Brooke ✌️

(1269 words)