33• Admission is Out!

Jiddah's POV

I put in the last set of cloth and zipped the bag with a sigh looking at Maryam who's busy playing with the toy I got her. I don't want to go and leave her again but I guess I'll have to. I came to visit them in the village before heading to Kaduna state to further my education, I got the admission but not the course I want, I was offered a different course but Aunty Khadija said if I truly want to study Law then I should read hard and pass the year's exams and then write jamb again then maybe they can consider me for a change of course. We'll see how international relations goes first though, if I like the course then there'll be no need to stress myself with jamb again.

"When will you visit us again?" Aunty Ainau's last born asked, "uhmm maybe in three months time insha Allah" I said "Aunty Jiddah!" She widened her eyes. "Yes, what" I asked adjusting my veil. "Maryam will forget your face ai tohm" she said. "No, she won't" I laughed. "She's barely three years old fah" she weened. "Safiyya don't worry she won't Forget her Mom" I laughed cause of the seriousness in her face. "Okay" she shrugged.

"Baby girl" I called Maryam and she came to sit on my lap. "Be a good girl okay" I said and she nodded her head. "Yauwa toh, Zan kawo Miki sweets da chocolate in na dawo kinji" I said and she grinned and nodded her head. "Aunty Jiddah harda Sabon Kaya ma(new clothes)" safiyya said, "okay wani kala kike so?" I asked her. "Any style is okay" she jumped. "Toh shknn naji, banda rashin ji" I said and we exited the room to meet aunty Ainau.

"You people are finally out" she said and we all laughed. "Aunty jidda sweet" Maryam said holding my bag, well that's what she calls me, she calls me by the name she hears the other kids refer to me. "Babu sweet ya kare" I said, she's taking more than enough today, this girl doesn't mind taking sweets and chocolates all day without eating anything, it's bad for her health and her tooth also. "Sweet" she said and started crying. "Oh ni Maryam I said it has finished" I carried her up.

"Jiddah you're running late fah and the driver arrived since" Aunty Ainau said, she's referring to Aunty Khadija's driver, he came to pick me up

"Aunty Ainau its true fah, it's almost evening time, let me start going" I said. I bid them Good bye and left while Maryam kept crying that I left without giving her sweets, this little girl is something else wallahi.

I called aunty Khadija and told her we'll be on our way before adjusting my veil and covering my face with it, I want to rest a bit or should I say I'm feeling down and lonely all of a sudden, I feel that way each time I visit Maryam and I'm leaving.

35minutes later

We arrived at the house earlier than expected, guess because he was moving at a high speed and it's weekend, so the road is less busy. I carried my bag from the back sit and entered the house. "Assalamu Alaikum" I said before moving into the parlour. "Wa'alaikumu salam" a strange voice answered. "Sannu Ina yini" I greeted adjusting my veil. "Lafia" he said his eyes stuck in my face, why is he staring at me? I wondered before going into the kitchen.

He looks familiar though, I said to myself. "Aunty Khadija" I hugged her from behind. "Wayyo ni" she laughed. "I'm not strong like you fah don't fall me down" she said turning around. "Ina wuni Aunty Khadija" I said. "Lafia qlau ya su Maryam din" she teased. "She's fine" I laughed. I had a dream about Maryam, that kawu and Inna came and took her from Aunty Ainau's place and since then I'll cry day and night even after Aunty Khadija called them to confirm that she's fine, so she decided I should go and see for my eyes, since I'll be going to school two weeks from now.

"Aunty Khadija who is that man in the sitting room?" I changed the topic. "Uncle dinsu Amira ne, he's their father's cousin" she said and I nodded my head. "Okay, he looks familiar" I said and she gave me a questioning look. "Aunty Khadija what" I asked. "Hmm, Zama kiyi bayani ne" she laughed. "What are you cooking?" I removed my veil to help out.

"Ke da kikayi tafiya, you should go to your room and rest" she said, "I'm not tired fah, besides the village is not that far from here" I insisted. "Okay, take this to our visitor, let me tidy things up here I'll come and meet you people" she said handing me a bowl with fura. "I should stay there and wait for for you?" I asked her. "Yes, I want to introduce you to him" she said and I nodded my head wondering why she'll do that.

I said my Salam before entering the parlour and he answered diverting his attention to me. "Thank you" he said after I dropped the bowl of fura on the table in front of him. "You're welcome" I smiled back wondering where I know this face and voice from. I looked at him again and wallhi I recognized him, he's the man that helped me the other day, that nice man and his wife that drove me to Aunty Ainau's place the day Yusuf divorced me and I was stuck under the rain.

"Faruq" Aunty Khadija interrupted my thought. "Aunty Ina yini" he greeted, "lafia qlau ya gida" they exchanged greetings and he asked about Ameera. "She has gone to islamiya" she said. "Bazan tafi ba sai naganta toh" he laughed. "Kunfi kusa" Aunty Khadija said.

I'm so eager for him to go so I can tell Aunty Khadija who he is. Is that why he was staring at me when I came in?, Does he recognize me too?, Where is his wife? I kept asking myself this questions.

"She's my Niece I told you about" Aunty Khadija gestured at me. "Okay" he nodded his head. "Wani course?" He asked me. "International Relations" I answered feeling a bit nervous. "Okay, nice course. I'm a Lecturer in the University you'll be attending, so if you have any issues feel free to let me know okay" he said and I nodded my head. "I won't always be around, I come atmost 5 times in a semester, so if I can't help I'll ask a friend to" he smiled and I nodded my head.

"Aunty Khadija nifah kamar yarinyar nan taki, she looks familiar" he said looking at me. "I don't understand the both of you fah" she laughed and I bit my lower lip. "She also said you look familiar" she laughed and he raised his eyebrows. "What?" I asked.

"I know I've seen you some where, where is it Please?" He asked. "I...I don't...know...I can't remember" I said. "Hmm okay tohm shiknan"

"Yasu Ni'ima?" Aunty Khadija asked. "She's fine" he smiled, guess she asked about his wife. They kept talking until it was maghrib time and he decided to take his leave, what I've been waiting.

"Aunty Khadija nasan shi fah" I said after he left. "And you refused to say it since" she raised her eyebrows. "Hmm yes, he's the one that helped me out the day I came back to the village" I said, "He and his wife offered to help me because it was raining" I added. "Okay" she nodded her head.

"Ammn ai Faruq is not married, are you sure he's the one?" She asked. "Well I don't know if she's his wife or not but he's the one" I said sure of myself. "Maybe he couldn't recognize me because of the way I looked that day, I has bruises all over my face fah Aunty Khadija, and my eyes was swollen too" I said. "Toh Allah ya kyauta, let's pray" she said and we both went to out rooms.

~~~~~~~~

What's your opinion about this new character?

And where does he know Jiddah from🙄🙄ita dai ta fada nata😂

Sorry for the late update.... school stuffs🥺💔

Vote and comment❤️ please comment oo😃