36•Mending Two Broken Hearts

Faruq's POV

    I gaze at her with keen interest as she took slow steps towards me. A beautiful young lady in her early twenties whom I've been chasing for months now has agreed to go on a date with me. She's dressed in a skirt and blouse brown colour Ankara perfectly sewn to suit her moderate body. I become lust when ever my gaze meet hers and those dark brown eyes stare at me in a mesmerizing way that assures me all is well and that the future is bright.

  "Assalamu Alaikum" she said with her melodious voice.
    "Wa'alaiki Salam Beautiful" I answered moving closer, "let me help your bag" I said as we headed to my car. "No, I can hold it myself" she chortled.

   "No please I want to start practicing Mijin Hajia" I said and we both laughed, "You're not serious" she chuckled.  I opened the car door for her before proceeding to the Driver's Seat. "Good evening" she greeted, one of the reasons why I adore her more, she is always well behaved."Good evening My Love"  I answered.

   "You look gorgeous My Love" I couldn't hold it back, "Okay Thank you. How was your trip to London?" She enquired. "It was a great one, just wished I had you beside me"  I teased and she rolled her eyes. "You look beautiful, I don't mind Making you mine right now wallhi, I love how you put your veil atop your head, You look like a certified Hajia" I commented with a chuckle. "You never get tired of teasing me na?" She frowned.

   "Okay, I'm so sorry My Love, and thanks for allowing me to take you out" I giggled, "You'll be responsible if I fail my morning test" she rolled her eyes, "You won't insha Allah. I know my Baby Issa guru" I winked.

  "Okay, let's go it's getting late fah" she said and I started the car immediately.

    We continued chit chatting about random things in the school and how eager she is to finsish school so she can get a job and start her own business.

      Upper year is an Easy thing to God, I went to Havard University just few years ago when it was sounding impossible but now it's just like a dream, time flies by so fast especially when you look back and see that so much has taken place and now it's just a history we keep in our memory, some memories We'll forever cherish and some we'll wish it never happened, but come to think of it, everything happens for a reason and we all have different destinies and paths we take in life.

  This woman beside me has gone through a lot in her life and I pray Allah gives me the ability to mend her broken heart and make her Forget all the hard times she had in her past life.

   My Name is Umar Farouq Ibrahim, I clocked 31 last months. I'm an International Business Man, I work with the Nigerian Stock Exchange and I work as a part time lecturer in Kaduna state University In Economics Department. She came into my life all a sudden and without her knowing she healed the place that hurts in my heart the most. I fell in love with her the moment I set my eyes on her because she's a perfect definition of my Dream woman and have things in common with the woman I shared the most amazing memories with. She makes me calm and give me this unique stare whenever we are together, and I feel the need and urge to make her my better half everytime her voice hit my eardrums, she talks in a calm way and I've never heard her raise her voice, Her Name is Hauwa Jiddah and she's my Dream Woman, the woman that exposes the best facial expressions in me.

   We arrived at the Restaurant and occupied one of the tables. The place is quiet and the atmosphere is cool for a Romantic Date. "What would you like to have?" I asked, she looked a bit nervous. "Are you okay?" I asked concern, "Yeah, I'm fine. A glass of water is fine" she said. "You must be joking, how can you go out on a date with me and order just a glass of water" I queried. "Okay fine, just order anything" she said and I nodded my head.