2•The Nice Teacher

'If you have to Cry,cry in front of Allah, That is the only place your tears will never go unnoticed'
may Allah see us through.

Third Person's POV

Jiddah sat under the shade of the mango tree, throwing stones into the river, she calls this the Favorite hiding place, it's cool and the breeze from the river is hitting her making her hair to fly around.

She heard from a classmate that exam will start in a week, she's already loosing hope, it's been weeks since she stopped going to school, she wants to beg her uncle but she knows better than to bring up the topic again. She's just in Jss3, her uncle didn't put her in school until her maternal Aunty came and forced him to do so.

She wish she can stay with her Mother's sister that is in the neighboring village, but her uncle won't let her, he says she's the only one left to remind him of he's late uncle, any day her aunty comes she won't work and she will wear a nice clothe which is Jumai's.

"Boom!" Someone scared her, she startled a little and then turned to see who it was, it's The NYSC Teacher!. "Uncle!" She uttered surprised and also happy, "Yes Genius" he chuckled and sat beside him, she enjoys he's company in school, he's a very nice and intelligent person.

"Why haven't you been coming to school?" He asked, her mood changed immediately, "Is it about the school fees?, Or were you sick?" He enquired.

"No" she turned her head sideways, she told him what happened and you could see guilt in he's face, "I'm sorry for causing you trouble, we'll solve this, don't worry" he said, "Are you planning on talking to him again?!" She asked, "No, we'll find a solution, talking to him will only worsen the situation" he said.

"Okay please help me out,I want to go to school, if I miss the term exam I'll have to repeat Jss3 just like last year" she sobbed. He really pities this girl, she's religious, beautiful, smart, and well mannered, why is her Uncle treating her this way.

"Insha Allah, keep praying, okay" he said, "Can I ask you something?" He enquired, "Yes Uncle, ask" she smiled. "How did you loose your parents?" The question hit her hard bringing old memories back. "Hey It's okay if you don't want to talk about" he wiped away the tears on her face, she was already in tears.

"They were the best but death didn't consider that, The day Baba's corpse were brought Mama started labour, because of shock, she was going to bring me a sibling , but nobody cared to take My Mama to the hospital..." She cried, "She passed away during the Labour, and I was left alone.." She cried more shaking.

He hugged her and tapped her back, the little girl has gone through a lot, seeing her Dad's corpse and her Mom dying before her, it's not easy. "May their soul rest in peace, what they need is your prayers, please stop crying" he consoled her.

"How is School and everyone?" She managed to ask, she felt relieved anyways, no one ever asked about her parents and he just did, she felt loved. "School is fine, we miss our brilliant student" he said and she chuckled.

"I was on my way to your area so I can't tell you Exams is starting in the next two weeks" he said, "I know" she sniffed, "Hey don't start crying, I said we'll look for a solution right?" He eyed playfully, "Yes, Thank you Uncle, Nagode sosai" She smiled.

"We'll meet here next tomorrow, I should have a plan by then" he said throwing stones into the river too. "Okay" she agreed. Few minutes later, she stood up to go, "I should get going" she smiled, "Okay, Bye pretty Angel" he said making her to chuckle.

She went home glad and relieved that Insha Allah she will write BECE this year.

Later in the Evening 🌇

Jiddah sighed as her gaze swept through the mess that welcomed her in their hut, sometimes she wonders why Jummai is such a dirty girl, they are about same age with Jiddah but she does nothing in the house, all the work is entitled to the orphan girl.

She finished arranging everything and layed down to rest a bit but the witch decided to show up. "Where did you go to?" She asked hands akimbo.
"Hansatu's house" she said and Inna nodded her head knowing she's the only stupid girl that befriends Jiddah.

"Have you put water on fire for making Tuwo?" She asked and Jiddah nodded negatively. "Then what are you waiting for?" "I'll do that now" she stood up from the mat and walked out of the hut to the kitchen yard.

"Make the Miyan Kuka too, I'm going to Marka's house" she informed and walked out.

"She's going to her Gulma mate" Habibu chuckled, Jiddah just glared at him and continued sieving the Maize flour she will use to make the Tuwo.

"Jiddah kin san kina da kyau ko?" (You know you are beautiful right)He questioned, she doesn't like it when they are the only ones at home, 'He's a bad boy' her mind communicated.

"Hhh Thank you" she replied, "You're shy?" He laughed. "Don't be shy okay, and actually I like you" he grinned, "But..you are my brother" she said getting uncomfortable.

"We are not siblings we are cousins" he mocked, "If you like me back, I'll be buying Hanjin ligidi (a locally made sweet) and other things for you" he informed.

"I don't want" she disagreed, "Shy girl, think about it okay?" He smirked and headed outside. She shook her head and continued with what she was doing, "Godforbid" she said out loud.

She finished all her night chores and retired to bed, she sleeps like a log of wood all the time resulting from how stressed she gets in the day time.
•••••••••••

Thanks for your support guys🥰💝. I'll update tomorrow Insha Allah🤗.

Vote|Comment|Share| and follow 🥺🥰.