18• Education is the key

Jiddah's POV

After Much pleading,Yusuf sent a driver to bring Maryam from the village after yelling that she's illegitimate and wonders why I love her this much, I don't care what people say about Maryam, she's my daughter and I love her.

I was very happy to see her, I engulfed her in a tight hug. Two months and some weeks apart, I was scared she wouldn't remember me again.

I don't let her go out of my room, she's always inside, I know Farha might do something to her or mock her.

   We had a video call with Yusuf's Family yesterday, they live in Dubai, he was all sweet and caring, as if we are a perfect couple, his mother and Sisters are nice too, he's just different from them.

    "Ke!"(hey!) He shouted, "Yes?" I turned, "Get ready, we are going to the airport to pick up my sister" he said, "..don't carry her along" he pointed at Maryam and went out. His sister Hafsat is coming to Nigeria.

    Farha packed her things and left, guess they don't want to be exposed, how shameful. She kept to her words, the cook took a two weeks break,I have to take their food to the bedroom after cooking, they are always sitting close like a couple.

   There was a day I barged into the room, thinking she's the only one and saw them kissing, they didn't even acknowledge my present.

   It hurt badly and that moment, I gave up on Yusuf and this Damn Marriage.I have a life ahead of me, I have plans, I want to live a good life like every normal human being.

The Next Day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   His Sister Hafsar turned out to be a very nice woman, she has two kids but neither of them came along with her. "I'm going to the warehouse, do you mind coming along?" She asked. "Y..yes" I smiled, I've never gone outside so what do you expect. I changed into a black Abayah and headed to the car, she was already inside, I wasted her time.

     "Sorry please" I chuckled, "it's okay, feel free okay?, I'm your sister" she held my hand. "Are you sure you're happy?, Is Yusuf treating you right?, I know my brother can be troublesome sometimes" she smiled.

   "We are.. doing fine" I smiled back, he warned me not to say anything,So I dare not. "Please Dear, change him and make him a better person"
"Insha Allah"

  "Where is My Mother Inlaw?" She chuckled, she was referring to Maryam, she shares the same name with her mother inlaw."She's with Hanifah" I replied.

   The warehouse contains different kinds of clothings, materials, fabrics, shoes, bags, it looks so masha Allah. "All these comes from Dubai, I just came here to check the progress of my business, and I'll be going back next tomorrow, my husband and kids are waiting" she laughed.

Dinner Time🍽️🌃

   For the first time, we are eating together, for the first time Maryam is with Yusuf, and he's feeding her!, What a hypocrite.

    "What about her School?" Aunty Hafsat asked, "Ya Hafsa ai.." he scratched the back of he's head. "What?" She asked.

    "The Jamb registration will soon be over, make sure you take her tomorrow" she said, I was overwhelmed, I felt like hugging her. If not for her, then I'm waisting this year.

   "Thank you Aunty Hafsat" I smiled, I looked at his direction and saw him frowning. "Okay" he said and stood up. "Are you full?" I asked and regretted it that moment. "Yes, meet me in my bedroom" he left.

  I went up and saw him with something that looks like perfume, "Yusuf, perfume!' I yelled and tried collecting it from him. "Village girl" he laughed. "It's called Shisha pot" he eyed me. "Ohh okay" I smiled, I made him laugh, that feels good.