Chapter 10

*2 years later*

"This needs to be sweeter. If we're going to try and sell to the Americans, it needs to be sweet. The yanks love that kind of stuff." You instructed, putting the glass of rum down.

"Sweeter. Copy that, thanks boss."

The head maker wrote it down on his notepad before he grabbed the bottle from the latest batch of white rum and walk back to his office.

"There you are. Been looking for ya for ages." Your brothers voice suddenly boomed across the warehouse.

You turned around to find him walking towards you, the sound of his cane hitting the concrete floor echoing through the building, announcing his presence to all the workers.

"You clearly weren't looking hard enough. I've been here for hours, what's up?"

"You'd never believe who just called me up asking for a favour." He said, a shit-eating grin appearing on his face.

"Winston Churchill?" You guessed, but he shook his head.

"Tommy Shelby."

That name made you freeze as you stared at your brother in shock.

It had been a long time since you last heard that name. After what went down with Father Hughes and Charlie, Tommy made it very clear that he wanted nothing to do with you, so you complied.

You hadn't seen him for nearly two years. You hadn't heard from him or from any of the Shelby boys for that matter. Sure, you heard all the rumours going around about the Peaky Blinders and how they have gotten themselves into a big mess with the Italians.

It wasn't just any Italians, it was the Changretta family and you knew that was bad.

It was only a few months ago that a rumour of John Shelby's death got spread around London. After first you didn't believe it, you didn't want to believe it. Things might have ended badly with Tommy, but John had always been a good friend and had a heart of gold. He didn't deserve what happened to him and neither did his family.

"What did he want?" You finally asked, stopping your train of thought.

"A fighter."

You frowned in confusion, looking over at your brother who then further explained.

"Tommy has this mate who's son is trying to get into fighting. Wants to set up a match between him and Goliath. Winner takes all the money."

"Why would anyone want to fight Goliath? They'll lose." You responded, thinking back to the last fighting match you saw between him and another fighter who barely even lasted a minute in the ring.

"Damn right they'll lose. Then we get the money, right?" Your brother responded with a grin. "I'm meeting with him and his fighter tomorrow. You should come with us."

You shook your head, "no. Tommy wouldn't want me there."

"Fuck, Tommy. I want you there."

"After everything... I don't think I can see him. I can't." You responded and your brother sighed, but nodded in understanding.

-

Alfie and Goliath didn't return for a few days, spending the night in Birmingham. But, when they came home they happily said that the fight was on and that his opponent was some skinny kid who didn't stand a chance.

"Tommy's falcon's fighter doesn't stand a fucking chance." Your brother said later that night while you sat on the couch in his office while he sat at his desk, going over the books.