Chapter 22-

Tommy had left early in the morning for some business he needed to discuss and you had been lazing around the house with Charlie all morning.

"Miss Solomons, Johnny Dogs is here. He said he was picking you up to take you to the docks. Do you want me to tell him that there's been a chance of plans?" Francis' suddenly called out, appearing in the doorway.

Shit.

You had completely forgotten about that. You and Johnny were meant to leave for Canada today. Tommy was flying over later to get his payment and deal with Michael. How could you forget about that?

Francis looked almost worried. She knew about the pregnancy, Tommy had told her to keep an eye on you and although you appreciated it, it was annoying.

"Uh, no. Just tell him I will be there in a minute and tell Tommy that I have left with Johnny Dogs, he will know why."

With that, you hugged Charlie goodbye, promising to be back soon before you rushed to your bedroom to change into one your suit. You secured your shoulder holsters under your jacket before walking out the room to find Johnny Dogs waiting downstairs.

"Ready go, Y/N?" He asked, looking over at you with a friendly smile before Tommy walked in through the front door and paused for a moment, looking between his friend and you.

"No. She's not going. There has been a change of plans." Tommy said, catching on with what was happening.

"Uh, no there hasn't. I'm going to Canada."

Tommy met your eyes with a stern stare, but you just stared right back. "Y/N-"

"I said, I'm going."

"You're pregnant. You need to rest, not go overseas and possibly fight."

"I'm pregnant, not useless. And I'm not letting you go to Canada without me." You stated, resting your hands on your hips, not backing down. "You can't control me, Tommy. It's my choice."

Tommy looked on the verge of arguing, but was holding himself back as he stared at you, his bright blue eyes silently pleading with you, but you held your ground.

"Johnny, you take care of her while I'm not there." Tommy started to say, looking over at his old friend.

"Of course, Tom. I'll look after her."

Tommy nodded before he walked the remaining distance to you and pulled you into his chest.

"You be careful, okay? I am not losing either of you." He whispered, kissing the top of your head.

"You won't." You reassured, hugging him back.

He held you for a few more seconds before reluctantly letting go and you followed Johnny Dogs out the front door.

The boat ride to Miquelon Island was long and painful. Sea sickness was no joke and Johnny was kinda freaking out a little, not wanting anything bad to happen to you, but you reassured him that you could take care of yourself and he didn't argue with that.

Eventually, the boat pulled up the docks and you and Johnny got straight to work in scoping everything out.

Tommy would be arriving later this afternoon to collect the payment from Michael, but it was up to you and Johnny to make sure Michael and his crew weren't planning anything stupid, which was high likely.

The two of you perched on a rooftop a few buildings away and watched through a pair of binoculars at the same bar that you and Tommy had met Michael in a couple months earlier.

For the first couple of hours, it was all quiet. There were a few locals wandering in and out of the bar before two cars finally pulled out and Michael stepped out.