Chapter 4

Before-

Alfie Solomons had betrayed him and was now working with Sabini. Michael had been arrested and now Arthur was in jail for the death of Billy Kitchen.

Everything was falling apart.

Tommy sat in the lounge room, his chair facing the door while he waited for Y/N to come back. She had been gone since Arthur was put behind bars and he knew she was there with her brother when it happened.

She had betrayed him.

He had been betrayed before, by many people, but this was different. This was Y/N... he had trusted her. He had opened himself up to her and she had betrayed him. He should have seen it coming. But he was too blinded by... blinded by love to notice and it hurt. It fucking hurt.

Another hour ticked by before the door finally opened and Y/N stepped inside but paused when she saw him sitting there.

Her usual happy bubbly self instantly vanishing as if she could tell how fucking pissed he really was.

"Tommy. I swear, I had no idea what my brother had planned." She quickly said.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Y/N."

"I'm not lying. Alfie apparently met with Sabini the night you and I were... well you know, and he made a deal. I didn't know about it until Billy was fucking shot beside me and I figured out what had happened."

"You're telling me, your brother didn't tell you the plan? Not buying it, so get the fuck out before I kill you myself."

"He didn't fucking tell me because my brother didn't trust me to not tell you! My own god damn brother didn't trust me with that secret. And you know what? He has every right not to trust me because I would have told you in a fucking heartbeat."

Tommy didn't say anything as he stared at her. She was telling the truth. He knew she was. But his brother was still in fucking jail because of her brother, and he couldn't... he couldn't get over that.

Instead of saying anything, he grabbed his glass of whiskey from beside him and downed the last of it.

"I need to clear my head." He muttered, standing up and walking past her.

"Hey, wait." She grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Let go!" He yelled, but instantly regretted it when she flinched at his raised voice and quickly let go.

"Y/N-"

"It's fine. Just go." She whispered, looking down at the ground and Tommy sighed before walking out the house.

He met with Grace.

She had called earlier and asked to meet. She was married now, and he had Y/N, yet he still agreed.

It was a mistake.

He knew it was the second she walked into the room. He shouldn't be there, his brain had screamed at him. But he slept with Grace anyway.

She had asked him if there was someone. If he had someone now, but he didn't answer, he couldn't because he knew she would tell if he lied.

He got home early the next morning to find Y/N sitting on the couch reading one of his old books. She looked up when he entered, worry etched into her expression.

He pulled off his coat, placing it on the back of the chair opposite her and sat down. He could feel Y/N's eyes on him, but he didn't look at her as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"You smell like perfume."

"I stayed at Ada's last night. Needed some time to think." He lied, hating himself for it as he took a drag of his cigarette.