Cousins-Keefe Oneshots Entree

Keefe went over to Marella. He sat down next to her, and they just talked. They were best friends.

They were so innocent. Now, they acted like they met because of Sophie. Tears streamed down her face. So there she was, mourning her best friend that she met all the time.

Someone knocked at her door. She jumped up and ran into the bathroom. She splashed water onto her face, and ran to the door, almost slipping on her way there.

Speak of the devil, and he shall come. She smacked the door.

"What do you want Keefe" She said. She knew she was being harsh, but he deserved it.

"Keke" She called out "Ready or not, here I come"

She felt the tears stinging her eyes, but she refused to let them fall.

His eyes widened, and she instantly regretted it.

"Come in" she said, softer

Without waiting for him she jumped onto her bed, and patted the spot next to her.

He sat down, slouched. Marella frowned.

"What's wrong"

"You always knew when I was sad, didn't you"

"Keefe, what's wrong?" Marella asked him

"How did you know!" he whined

"Keefe, stop trying to change the subject, I know your tricks" she said

Marella looked at him.

"Have you been having...Flashes?" she asked apprehensively

He sighed "Yeah"

"We did something wrong, didn't we? How did we drift apart?"

"Keefe, what are you doing!" Marella called out to him

"I'm talking. I'm not always gonna be a social hermit" he said it so flippantly, yet she still felt the oh so familiar pang in her chest.

They looked at each other

"Social hermit"

"Gulons" she called out "Remember?"

"That was the weirdest part of the conversation" He told her

"It can be our thing" she told him

Marella didn't know what to do with her hands, so she popped her knuckles.

"Keefe?" Marella said "You know that human thing they do with their pinkies?"

"Not really?" he replied, like he was asking a question

"well, they hook their pinkies because- well i have not clue why they do it, but they do"

He looked up from his sketchbook

"You want to try it, don't you"

"Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe"

She held out her pinkie. Keefe locked them together.

She smiled sadly at him

"Why are you here?" she asked softly

"Ummm, I had like 10 memories show up, and they were getting annoying"

She smiled sheepishly

"That might have been my fault. I was kind of bringing up memories of us?" it sounded like a question.

"Oh" he just sat there like he was waiting for something, and Marella had no idea what it was.

Well, she knew exactly what he was waiting for, but she wasn't gonna do that. She couldn't be like him.

She was waiting at the door. Marella was scared that lord Cactus would show up.

her fears were reality

"I'll assume you're her for my so-"

Keefe had come to the rescue 

"Come on, Ella, let's start on the project"

Marella raised an eyebrow, but played along

"Yeah. You have the board, right?"

"Yeah" keefe started torward his room, and Marella pushed past lord Casserole

"Come on' she said, taking the lead

"I just don't get it" she started

"We were cousins. what happened"

"I don't know, Ella, I don't know"