Stick In The Sand-Keefe Oneshots Entree

Linh POV

Linh woke up that morning feeling energetic. She ran to the bathroom and was greeted by a horrific sight.

The braid she had put in her hair had somehow gotten undone, and her hair looked like Sophie's bedhead. 

She took a quick shower and ran to the sink, washing her hands and applying her hair softener to her hands. She spread it over her hair, giving it a minute to set in, and brushed her teeth. When she finished with her teeth, she returned to the pineapple she called her hair. The frizz that was going on had calmed significantly, and the hair was easier to move hand brush. She sucked most of the water out of her hair, leaving a few droplets to keep it soft, and let them drop into the sink. She brushed her hair, and added more hair softener. Without it, her silver tips would be rock-solid.

After getting changed, she rushed down the stairs.

"Hello, Linh" Mai said quietly, still very terrified of Linh, despite her decision to temporarily move in.

"Did you clean your room?"Quan, on the other hand, had no such restrictions. He thought that the reason Linh stayed was because she had "some common sense". And while Linh wanted to argue that anyone with common sense would stay away from him, she kept her mouth shut, because there was no reason to start a fight. Tam would have scolded her, telling her that she was allowed to punish them for their childhood, but Linh believed in second chances, and they deserved to have a chance to prove themselves changed. Linh knew how hard it was not to fall back into old habits. It was getting more and more difficult not to go back and talk to Tam, but she knew in her heart that she needed to learn how to be independant.

She ran back upstairs and sat cross-legged on her bed, her mind wandering. She closed her eyes, a feeling of peace in her heart. Suddenly, she opened her eyes. It was time to put her energy to use.

Keefe POV

Keefe woke up that day with a heavy feeling in his heart. He wasn't sure why, but he was dreading the day already

"KEEFE SENCEN GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT"

Oh. Maybe that was why.

His heart sank even lower when his father livid face showed up, his nose upturned at his only son. His words were echoing in his head, driving him insane, and his heart was fracturing, piece by piece, until the void swallowed him home. He felt as if he was alone in it, sinking into the open arms of the darkness. His father took one last look at his son, his face a unflattering shade of purple, before he promptly turned away.

Keefe stumbled to his room, lost in thought, unable to concentrate on anything but the echoes of his father's words.Disappointment, insult to the family name, worthless, they all dug into his skin, boiling his veins, and tearing at his heart.

Ro took one look at him, and knew he needed to see someone. She must have misunderstood, though, because she asked him to hail Sophie. Well not really asked. More like threatened sufficiently.

"No" Keefe knew he sounded distant, but he couldn't help it. His emotions were going haywire right then, and he needed to calm down. Talking to your crush won't really help that. Of course, Ro didn't really get it, and hailed her anyway.

IT took 3 rings for her to answer. She took one look at Keefes dulled eyes, and leaped over. But as soon as she got there, she could tell he was panicked. Her heart ached to help him, but no matter what she did, she wouldn't get it. She understood that, but that didn't mean she was about to leave him alone.

"Listen, Keefe I'm so sorry, but I have to go" lies, they both knew it, but he needed her to leave."Go talk to Tam. You can't block everyone out. You have to let someone in"