You're Back-Keefe Oneshots Entree

please excuse the blatant cassius apologist-ness, little me hadn't realized my parents weren't 'overprotective' and that they were screwed in the head quite yet (no, I'm genuinely fine). friends if your parents are like this I'm sorry <3 it might help to know thats not normal (so you can. yknow. navigate the situation a little better, like i ended up doing) 

"Keefe" His father called out.

He walked downstairs, and his fathers purple face showed up in his face.

"WHY ARE YOU SKIPPING SCHOOL?" he yelled in Keefe's face. he was expecting that, but what happened next, he wasn't expecting.

All his brain registered was a sharp sting on his cheek.

He stood there, while his dad turned away, and walked out at lightning speed.

He walked back to my room, dazed. Ro looked at him, and grimaced.

"Come on" she told him "We have work to do if you don't want Blondie to find out"

He just walked with her, still trying to figure out what happened.

When they reached the bathroom, Keefe almost fell. His cheek was bright red, and had a crescent-shaped cuts.

Fingernail marks

Keefe knew he wouldn't be able to go school like this. He went to his bedroom, ignoring Ro's protests and layed on his bed. He fell asleep thinking about going to Candleshade for the day.

When he woke up that morning, he felt so happy for a second.

A a blissful second of not knowing what happened last night.

Then his brain finally turned on and his mood instantly dropped.

He stood at the Leapmaster, waiting for everything and nothing.

He finally called out "Candleshade", dragging Ro with him.

The first thing he did after his particles reformed is that he ran to his old room, almost tripping on his way to the Vorinator. He sat down on the desk and started drawing something.

Before he knew it, he had a full-blown portrait of Lord Cassius in all his glory.

He put it off to the side, and decided to draw Sandor and Grizel. The way they were looking at each other melted his heart.

That was why he enjoyed art. Maybe if he drew it good enough, it would come true (the one and only ivan? yes. Do i care? not really)

Before he knew it, it was sunset. He ran to the Vortinator and called to the 200th floor, and ran to the beam yelling the Shores of Solace.

He ran to his room, hoping to avoid confrontation. By some chance, he was on fate's good side because his father never came.

When he woke up that morning, he sighed. He had to go to school. What surprised him, though, was after he got dressed, he heard groaning.

From his father's room.

Keefe tiptoed there, making sure not to make any sound. Ro trailed behind him. He glanced at her, and her face was contorted into a wince.

When he entered the room, he dropped his comb. There on the bed, was a broken-looking Cassius Sencen.

Keefe stood there for a second. Then he ran to the Leapmaster, his hair still a mess, but all he could think if was getting to Sophie.

As soon as he got to the campus, he realized it was a terrible idea to go to Sophie.

She was with Fitz, and that would cause a scene.