Yes-Keefe Oneshots Entree

Keefe sat on the stairs, putting his head in his hands. What was he thinking?

He came, uninvited, to the place he was aiming to avoid.

His back was against a green door, and he was leaning against it, like it was the only thing holding him together.

And it was.

And that was when the door opened, and he fell backward.

He stared up into the eyes of Ethan Benedict Wright II's niece.

Her brown eyes stared at him, worriedly and quite agitated.

But he was an Empath, so that helped.

She looked at him for a second. Then she offered him her hand.

"I'm Lucy. Want to come in?"

He just stared at her for a second, dubiously. Then he snapped to his senses and gave her a small nod. She grabbed his wrist and somewhat dragged him into her living room. She gestured for him to sit down. He sat down on the edge of the couch, refusing to relax. He was terrified of her. He was her son, but he wasn't sure if she was told.

"What are you here for?" she asked, not rudely.

He gestured to his mouth, Zipping it and grinning faintly.

She stared for a second, before blushing beet red and running to a room, closing the door behind her.

Beet red

Beet red

Beet red

Sophie

Tears streamed down his face as he thought of the only person who truly cared.

Just then she walked into the room, holding a pen and paper, looking at him, and sat down next to him.

"Are you okay?" she asked softly

He put his head in his hands, pinching the bridge of his nose. After a minute, he had stopped crying. He gave her a weak grin.

It was clear to him she wasn't part of the Neverseen. She was far too inviting. If someone showed up on his doorstep when he was in an evil group, he would most certainly not let them in.

He turned to the paper, and looked at the pen in her hand. She got the idea and gave him the fluffy purple pen. It must have took her a second, because she realized it was purple and fluffy, and she blushed and glared at the pen.

"Sorry about the pen" she apologized. 

"My sister gave it to me last week, and apparently I kept it."

He smiled at the paper.

"What?" She asked.

Keefe giggled silently

"Are you laughing at me?" she asked with eyes narrowed jokingly

He only grinned.

Maybe he wrote.

She gave him a smile.

He started drawing absentmindedly, staring at the paper for far too long. His eyes started to water

"That's really good!" Lucy cried out.

Keefe just looked at her.

She glared at him.

"You don't believe me, do you"

He shrugged.

"Look, whatever-your-name-is, You are amazing at art. Anyone who told you otherwise is either jealous, or an absolute idiot" she said, holding his gaze.

He looked away, staring at the window. He stared back at his paper. His lips curled up into a faint smile.

Thanks he put down.

She smiled.

"Now" She started "Do you have a home?"

He looked away.

She let her smile fade away. She played with one of her unruly curls, and then her eyes brightened.

"Do you want to stay here?" she asked him, making him jump.

He turned to her, staring.

"Oh come on!" she said enthusiastically "it's not a bad offer! You don't even have to do much."

His eyebrows furrowed

"All you have to do is keep your room clean. I can't stand messy rooms"

Slowly, a grin spread across his face

He grabbed the pen and paper from the coffee table

Yes