Eyelashes

Ok, so the warning on Novel HD worked, but I realized I never mentioned that I originally wrote this on Wattpad, so I hope this gets through.

Also, don't ask me why I made this. I don't know. I was just in the mood for angst. Also, I apologize if I get stuff wrong, I didn't do too much research. If this is inaccurate, i will gladly take it down.

Inspired by gay-otlc 's, for lack of a better word, rant on tumgir. I'll comment the link on this line once I post this.

Trigger Warning: Trichotillomania, swearing

I hope I got all the warnings, I don't know how to do this

Sophie stared at her hands.

How were you supposed to tell your best friend you had a crush on him?

She stood up and grabbed a piece of paper. She started a T chart listing pros and cons of just outright admitting it, but halfway through making it, a jolt of frustration ran through her, causing her to crumple the paper.

None of it was enough, however, and she ripped the paper to shreds. Still filled with angry energy, she tugged her fingers through her hair.

Hard.

It caught a tangle, causing her to gasp in pain.

She could feel the tears prick the back of her eyes, and her hand subconsciously reached for her eyelashes, a habit she had picked up as a child.

Stop.

It wasn't a transmission or anything. It was her mental voice.

Are you really that weak?

The tears that had pooled in her eyes grew harder to restrain, and she fought off a sob

You shouldn't be this weak. It's just a goddamn crush. Get over yourself

Sophie squeezed her eyes shut. Her hand drifted up to her eyelashes, but she stopped herself

Yes. now go look in a mirror

She squeezed her eyes even tighter and trembled in place

NOW!

She got up and stumbled to her bathroom mirror, stubbing her toe along the way.

She looked at her reflection, and a sudden course of anger flashed through her

What kind of hero can't even look at their reflection?

Her eyelashes itched even more, and it was all she could do to walk back to her desk. Squeezing her eyes shut, she ran her fingers through the roots of her hair, trying to distract herself from the hurricane of insults her mind shouted at her.

Her hands started twitching, begging her to just do it while her mind screamed at her to stop.

The darkness in her mind started showing the faces of her friends, her family, all taunting, leering her.

Freak

Disappointment

I should have just left you in the forbidden cities

You aren't worth it

All of them hurt, but the one that really pushed her over the edge was Mr. Forkle's voice

I never should have chosen you as the moonlark.

Her sobs racked her body, and her hands shook from the strain.