Always There

The sun was going down, the bright light dipping down to the sky's ways (fancy metaphor thingie?)

After a few hours, the moon, her only companion ever after she read that letter, came out.

Fitz gave up on her last week.

Her mother told her it had been 3 weeks. Marella still came over. Yesterday, Marella brought Dex with her.

Today, she brought herself, Dex, and Jensi.

"Just like old times," Jensi said, silently pleading her to open the door, to show her face to him once more.

She barely managed to open the door, before sinking to her knees. They all sat down, making her a part of their circle.

Sophie looked at Dex. His eyes resembled a panda's. He was pale, and it looked like he had starved himself for the past 5 days.

Marella didn't look like that at all. She looked resigned. Like she knew that nothing could ever be the same. Like she went through this before.

And then she looked at Jensi. He had come here after she ignored him for years just to cheer her up.

He looked weary. Like he had been internally worrying about her for years.

Had he?

Sophie struggled to get up. Dex made a move to help her up, but both Marella and Jensi shook their heads. She needed to get herself together.

She turned toward them. and promptly launched herself at Jensi, almost knocking him over. Marella barely pushed his back in time, ending in a very awkward position. Once he was righted, Marela gave Dex a small smile.

Told you She mouthed. He rolled his eyes good-naturedly. She really was competitive.

They turned their attention back to their friend. She was whispering sorry over and over and over and over.

Marella just leaned her head back against the side of Sophie's bed. After a year, she did what she promised Jensi she would do.

Help her realize he's always there

Back to the good old days where I'm not constantly going into the same competition.

by the way, they posted that they're gonna start judging, first by reader's recommendations, so yeah

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Qwerts!