Chapter 20 : Stalking.

Jimin P.O.V

"Jackson Wang," "Jackson Wang Fund," "Jackson Wang, Forbes 500."

My Google searches for today were all repeats from the day before.

Although almost everything he'd bragged about checked out, except for one thing

Although almost everything he'd bragged about checked out, except for one thing. I couldn't find his name on the Forbes 500 List, even though he'd placed it on his website with the official symbol.

The editors had left me off their list one year out of pure pettiness (I forgot to give them tickets to my gala once), but Jackson was a new addition, and I doubted he'd burned any bridges at this point in his career. Maybe it's an error?

I tried to pretend like this was a noble exercise, as if I wasn't looking for anything that would make him look less than stellar in Jihyun's eyes. Anything that would bring her back to spending more time with me.

"You have a visitor. A very important one." Jennie stepped into my office.
"Is it Jihyun?"
"No." She rolled her eyes. "It's some guy from- "
"Send him home. I'm not interested."
"He wants to donate 2 million dollars ahead of your charity gala."
"Ask him how he takes his coffee and send him in."
"I thought so." She walked away, and I smoothed my tie. I was going home after this. I needed some time to think.

The door opened seconds later, and Jackson stepped inside in back leather jacket with black tee underneath and round glasses.

"Good afternoon, Jimin. Hope you won't mind me stopping by." He smiled.
"Be my guest." I motioned for him to take a seat, but he remained standing.

"I really believe in the work that your charity is doing. I can't imagine what it was like to have a father walk out on you at only 13. For him to start another family like you never existed must've been really rough." he said.
"Tread lightly, Jeckson."

"And your mother..." He shook his head. "Word around business circles is that she was so devastated about him leaving the two of you that she drank herself insane, and you practically raised yourself."
"I highly suggest that you change this topic of conversation if you want to remain on my good side, Jeckson." I clenched my jaw.
"It's pronounced Jackson."