Flashback 8

💔 Breakup #15 💔

Jimin P.O.V

• THE ONE THAT NEVER EXISTED •

There's a park bench hidden under an oak tree shades near Yongsan-gu; Seoul Tower, and it's become my go-to meet-up spot with Jihyun on Sunday nights

There's a park bench hidden under an oak tree shades near Yongsan-gu; Seoul Tower, and it's become my go-to meet-up spot with Jihyun on Sunday nights. It's close enough to her rink and my rented office space that we can both walk there within ten minutes. When we first found it, we called Namjoon via video chat to catch up on things with us, but after he continued to no-show or cancel at the last minute, we've kept it to ourselves. Taking my seat, I see Jihyun walking toward me from afar. Dressed in her typical sweats and oversized T-shirt, she looks more like a skateboarder than a figure skater. She's fucking beautiful.

"Why the face? You're still ranked number one in the world, and you just got paid two hundred dollars to give a speech full of cliches to high schoolers

"Why the face? You're still ranked number one in the world, and you just got paid two hundred dollars to give a speech full of cliches to high schoolers." I ask, noticing her frown.
"Cliches? I put my heart and soul into writing that speech." She crosses her arms.
"You remixed a bunch of quotes from Pinterest."
"Thank you for un-remixing them for me." She smiles, but she doesn't let it stay, "Hyunjin broke up with me today."

"Why?"
"I don't remember what he said. I don't even care." She shrugs.
"Wasn't your boyfriend from four weeks ago named Hyunjin, too?" "Yeah, I think so."
"You think so? If you're forgetting your boyfriends' names this quickly, you're getting into my territory."
"No, I won't set foot in your territory until I contract a strain of syphilis."
"Fuck you, Jihyun."
"I'll never be that desperate." She leans against my chest, and I run fingers through her hair.

"Do you think there's something wrong with me, Jimin?"
"I can list way more than one thing, what do you mean, though?" I say.
"As of a few months ago, we've stopped counting my breakups as often, We're just naming them so I won't feel so pathetic about the number of guys who don't want to stick around that long." she says.
"That's what dating is, Hyun. Every guy you meet can't be the one. Even if you get along great in the beginning, that doesn't mean you're meant to stay together for the long term." I've given up on her ever surrendering her hopeless romantic ways.
"I guess ..." She repositions her body so that her head is in my lap. Then she shuts her eyes.