Part 14

Ryujin and Lia sat for dinner on a Thursday evening. Ryujin made sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice, Lia's favourite. They were enjoying their food until Lia asked a a question.

"Hey Ryu, I'm going to be away this weekend."
"Oh. Where you going?"
"To meet my mother, I'm leaving tomorrow I'll be back by Sunday evening."
Lia could see that Ryujin was disappointed. She knew why. It was Ryujin's birthday on Sunday and she wouldn't want to miss it for the world.
"Ok, then, I'll help you pack tonight then."
"Thanks for understanding Ryu." She smiled.

"Ok I'm off then! I'll see you on Sunday then!"
"Ok but do you have your phone and homework?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Good, then I'll see you soon Lia."
Lia gave Ryujin a hug and went in the taxi she ordered.

Ryujin closed the door and thought:
Does she not know it's my birthday on Sunday? If she did, would she have changed her plans? Can't believe I won't be with Lia on my birthday. Worst birthday ever.

The taxi ride was just 2 hours and she arrived at her mother's place. She settled in as her mother made fresh Jasmine tea and freshly baked cookies. Lia missed her mother's cooking but still thought noone could beat her Ryujin's cooking. As they ate Lia brought up something that shook her mother.

"Hey.. mom, I want to tell you something and I need some help."
"What is it dear?"
"I'm in love with my roommate." She froze.
"Oh... what's his name?"
"Her name is Shin Ryujin."
Her mother froze for a few seconds.
"A girl?"
Lia nodded.
"Why do you love her?"
"What do you mean? I love her because she's amazing. She's always by my side, she never gives up on me. She has the best hugs, her cooking is on another level. She helped me when even Yeji and Yuna couldn't help. She's done so much for me. She's also very pretty on top of that and she's just the ideal partner. I love her with all my heart."
"Oh wow, well Lia, you know society is going to judge you both."
"I really don't care. I've felt a different type of happiness when I'm around her."
"Society won't support you but as your mother, I want for you to be happy. Tell me more about Ryujin."

Lia couldn't be happier as her mother accepted her decisions. Maybe this is one step closer to Ryujin, maybe she could finally tell Ryujin how she feels.