Part 20

Hours passed by when the doctor finally came back with some news.

"Hi Sir, please tell me how she's doing, please." Ryujin begged for some good news. She wiped her tears.
"I'm afraid it's not the best news."
Ryujin's heart sank.
"Is she alive?"
"Yes but..."
"But?"
"She's in a coma. We don't know when she'll wake up."

Ryujin didn't know how to feel. Her Lia was not dead, not alive. She couldn't be with Lia but she would one day. She couldn't hold her tears back and cried to the point her head hurt. She had a terrible headache as she didn't eat or sleep for days.

And just like that, days went to months and months went to a whole year with no Lia.

Yeji and Yuna decided to stop by Ryujin. They found music playing in her room.

Every day you seem too far away
Every time you do, I tell myself
이곳에서 기다리고 있어
Every night I see you in my heart
Every time I do, I end up crying
어둠 속에 너를 불러주면
내게로 들려오는 깊은 숨결들

(Yours - JIN)

As these lyrics played, the heard Ryujin crying loudly. Ryujin felt to much pain, it was too much for her to handle.

"Hey Ryujin. Please don't cry, Lia wouldn't want to see you cry like this." Yeji and Yuna tried to comfort her as she entered the room.
"I just want her beside me, I want to hug her." Ryujin was curled up on her bed.
They sat on her bed and tried her best to distract her.
"Thank you guys but it's no use."
"Lia will wake up one day, please don't cry Ryujin." Yeji's voice broke. She too missed her childhood best friend. Life was colourless and boring without Lia.
"There will be a day where we four go to our usual spot again. Enjoy all the cakes and all the coffees again. That day will come soon." Yuna was much younger than all of them but still felt the same pain. She knew Lia since she was born. Lia was practically her older sister.

The three stayed together that night. They also noticed how Ryujin's eye was red and her dark circles become very noticeable. She never slept, she cried every night to sleep. There was also pills to the side of her bed. It seemed as if she stopped taking prescription after a few months. Ryujin was in terrible condition. She really needed help. She needed Lia.