(1) Seoul

✯ ✯

LISA's POV

"Please remain seated as we will be landing in the Land of the Morning Calm shortly, thank you" the voice of the pilot woke me up.

I've been asleep for a while as I had no idea how exhausted I was. I suppose everything that had been going on had finally caught up with me. The unbuckle indication lit up as soon as I felt the plane's gears touch the ground.

"Thank you for taking the time to travel with us this afternoon. I hope you liked the flight and are taking in the sights of Seoul. Over and out" It's official: I've arrived at the country where my stepping stone would begin.

Just before I turned on my phone, the passengers started to stand as they began to get their hand-carry bags from the overhead bin. The flight attendants were politely guiding and bidding us goodbye.

Another plane has landed as I noticed that the other passageway got swarmed by people. I crossed to the opposite side and went straight to the restroom, hoping to avoid the commotion. This time, my phone chimed non-stop as I kept on receiving my father's messages. I know he's freaking out right now since I didn't tell him I flew here to pursue a personal goal.

After checking and retouching my face in the mirror, I decided to respond to his messages, as I walked out of the ladies' room.

'Dad. Just got landed. Haruto will explain everything, I will call you lat--'

However, due to a collision with someone, I wasn't able to finish my reply text to my father. My phone fell as well as my purse and passport.

"Arai wah" I swore in Thai. It was a habit of mine when I got pissed.

"Tch" I heard the voice when I picked up my stuff. I didn't turn around because I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep my cool.

"We're so sorry Miss." Another voice spoke up as I noticed that someone was getting closer to the Timberland guy, who I assumed was the reason for my current situation.

Annoyed, I grabbed my belongings. It would be impolite not to acknowledge the apology so I simply bowed in return, never looking directly at them. I noticed six or seven guys apologizing and bowing in response just as I turned my back on them.

How come everyone apologizes when it was only one person's fault? Weird.

I proceeded directly to immigration and then to the baggage claim area to get all of my suitcases. I completed my text and forwarded it to my father when I finally walked outside and collected everything.

When I looked around, I saw a lot of individuals strolling in and out without looking around to see who they could run into. Most of them were engrossed in their mobile devices. Guilty.

"I told you to message me once you arrived" a familiar voice greeted me as I turned around to meet the person I expected.

"Sawasdee ka, Bam" I gave him our traditional greeting with a huge smile

"Oh give me a break! Annyeong Lalisa. It's so nice to see you here, finally!" He moved in closer and gave me a big gentle hug as a welcome.

Bambam is a cousin of mine who happened to live here in Korea and left our native country for good. 

"How was your flight? Hold up, is uncle aware of what's going on here?" he pulled out just before he took my baggages from me.