(29) Clue To Cue

✯✯

LISA's POV

Since I already completed my schedules for LK yesterday, that would be my last photoshoot for the meantime. For now, I have no pending activities for them.

Just my post-grad stuff.

The analog clock on my desk caught my eye. It was seven o'clock in the evening, and I wasn't done with the day yet. Even though it was Sunday today, I decided to attend my online conference here at my favorite place in MBC studio.  There was a crisis I had been dealing with for the last three hours.

"Thank you, Miss Manoban. I will study your drafts and provide feedback." A man in a dark suit, who was my photography subject proctor, spoke from the screen of my laptop.

"Thank you for your time." I nodded.

"I look forward to hearing back from you, Mr. Saelim. Have a good evening." I said, making myself smile politely.

Hitting the red button on the conference call I had been on with one of the faculties of my university, I took off my headphones and closed my eyes for a moment. Good thing I made the right decision to be here for a while since I had no companion in the condo. Unlike here, I could hear some white noise coming from the lobby or in the hallway. These small things kept me company.

Opening my eyes back up, I continued to do my work. This time, I moved into the band's received invitations. I opened and checked each one of them. My eyes landed on something when I noticed there was a mail which was sent only to Jungkook's name. Curiosity can kill the cat they said, so I opened it.

A picture showed me with a caption of, 'I know how much you like your girl wearing a bikini'.

I was stunned and speechless as the girl shamelessly sent Jungkook a picture of her wearing only a super thin fabric swimwear. Wow.

I closed the tab right away as I couldn't help but imagine what would be Jungkook's reaction when he saw this? I rolled my eyes as if someone was watching me.

Could this be why Bam mentioned that Jungkook didn't mind seeing me, a girl, in a towel that day? And no reaction to my first cover magazine because he was getting photographs like this on a daily basis? I see.

But I noticed Jungkook didn't even open these emails. Despite my suspicions for his bad boy looks, Jungkook might really be conservative and wholesome. He just loved to say fvck in every word but really didn't mean it. That may be the reason he didn't do 'hugs' thus he didn't like being touched or touching someone.

I shook my head, trying to vanish those unsettling thoughts out of my mind but I began to notice that my head was spinning, which was most likely owing to the fact that I had been working on an empty stomach. I neglected to eat for the entire day since I was so preoccupied with my work. I closed my eyes as I cursed myself for being so stupid, but the way I abruptly shut them simply made my head feel worse. My body was begging for something, anything to fill the void in my stomach.

Water. That would help.

I stood on weaker legs than I would have liked and made my way out of the private library, grabbing my phone and tucking my ID into the pocket of my white trouser. Down the corridor, there was a water dispenser.Three missed calls from my cousin. With the two-hour time difference, their plane should have arrived by now.

'I am here.' I typed it and sent it to my cousin. The text blurred for a second. I stopped walking, trying to get my eyes to focus back on the screen.