(5) Zero O'Clock

✯ ✯

LISA's POV

I must be overwhelmed meeting them as a whole right now, but not like this, not with Bam mentioning my situation with my father. I tried to avert my eyes as I needed to come up with a solution.

"I'll borrow your car again. I'll just look for a company if there's any." I said to Bam as I was about to leave again.

"Not so fast." Jhope rose to his feet and just kind of swaggered in front of me.

"So you need a company for your internship?" He asked me.

"Yes." I stopped.

"I noticed that you don't seem very impressed by me. Lalisa, right? Am I not impressive to you?" He gave me an easy smile.

Was he offended? It wasn't my intention, though. It was just that I have a bigger concern that need to settle first.

"Sure you are. It's just that I think my mind is more preoccupied with what my cousin just told me right now to totally grasp the magnitude of the moment." I didn't need to explain but I still did. No lies detected.

I made eye contact with him. He was attractive, and I'm sure his smile drew a lot of female admirers. But it wasn't working on me right now since my worry was getting the best of me.

"But you can bet I'll freak out afterwards." I added.

"I've got your word on that?" He leaned against the doorframe.

"Absolutely." I nodded.

"I'm trusting you here."

"And I appreciate that, Mr. Jung. I won't let you down."

"You're a bit of an assertive. Talks with an affirmation. I like that." He gave me a huge grin.

"Thanks?"

"You're welcome." Cocking his head, he tapped a finger against his chin.

"Are you single, Lalisa?" He asked out of nowhere. I saw my cousin's face as he was trying to read Jhope's mind.

"And you want to know, why?" So, what's the deal with him, anyway?

"Just curious. And I believe the answer is yes, based on the frown. Well, shame on all my brothers for passing over such a lovely young lady like you." Quite a number of his "brothers" he was pertaining to. He was obviously telling me that all the boys in Thailand were his brothers. I would take that as a compliment.

Just then, he gave me a slow look from top to toe. Remind me, what am I still doing here? I should be driving now, looking for some internship company.

"I really think you could be the one, Lalisa. What do you say, Namjoon?" said the drummer, pulling me from my thoughts. Namjoon stood next to him.

"Am I?" I blinked, confused.

"Yep. I mean, look at you, stating the obvious, you're pretty. But what really convinces me to choose you is how you're giving me that I-dont-care-who-you-are-I-have-responsibility-to-do-so-bye look from behind your fine bangs." He further explained. Woa. Those were too long hyphenated words for me to recall.

"That fascinates you?" He surely did praise me, well thanks!

"Oh, yeah. Big time. But not for me."