(12) Mostly Useful

✯✯

LISA's POV

"Fuck man, are you okay?" Jhope stopped Jungkook from walking away.

"I'm good" Jungkook flinched as if receiving the wound anew.

"Alright, everyone get in the car. Jhope, you guide Jungkook and Lalisa to get some medical aid inside the hotel. We'll be waiting here." Namjoon ordered.

Jhope nodded and likewise did as he was told. Jungkook and I followed him. We were guided to the med room.

"All the first aid stuff here. There you go."Jhope rifled in the sink cupboard, pulling out a battered white box.

"It's not that bad, I'll just wash it off." Jungkook said.

"Definitely not," I said.

"And risk letting that masculine arm get infected?" Jhope muttered. Jungkook let out a sigh and accepted the box.

"And I'm pretty sure you'd rather have Lalisa playing nurse. I'll leave you two kids to it."

I flattened myself against the wall and Jhope squeezed past, backing out into the hallway.

"Scream if you need anything," said Jhope. The lid on the old first aid box creaked mightily as Jungkook pulled it open.

"Okay. Thank you." I nodded at Jhope and he gave me a wink in return.

"Right. Sit here." I instructed, taking charge. Jungkook sat, inspecting the some red stains on the front of his shirt.

"This is ruined." He ranted.

"You've got others."

"I had this made especially in Los Angeles. You have any idea what something like that costs?" Oh please, this man had more money than that owner of the store in LA.

"Are you hitting me up for a loan? Because honestly, I don't know if I like you enough for that." I joked as I tried to examine first his wounds.

"Wasn't aware you liked me at all," he said, smoothing down his shirt as if that would help matters.

I snapped my mouth shut as I also didn't know what was on my mind to say that. Of course, I was just joking but suddenly I lost my energy to explain and just let him accept the joke I made.

"Okay. What have we got here?" I tried to change the topic as I began to open the medicine chest.

"Listen, Lalisa, about the other day..." I waited for him to finish.

"What?" I looked up at him.

"I just... I just wanted to say, ah..." He scowled at the wall, avoiding my eyes completely.

"Yes?"

"Well, that um, you were useful." He managed to say.

"I was useful?" I could feel my brows rising to dangerously high levels. After everything we'd gone through in the last week, useful, was the best I could hope for?

"Yeah, mostly." He gave me a shrug.

"Mostly? I was mostly useful." Slowly, I shook my head, biting back an incredulous grin.