(11) Stupid

✯✯

LISA's POV

"You guys, all set up?" Namjoon reminded everyone as we were now heading back to Seoul.

The group's stay in Busan came to an end today. It has been a hell of tiring two weeks especially to the members of the band. And yes, it has been a week since Jungkook and I went back to our not so friendly phase. Although he was less frigid to me than he had been when I started working for him, he was giving me that silent treatment again.

I sat on the couch, checking something on my phone, while waiting for the others to arrive at the lobby. Just then, Jimin and Rosie sat across me and for a long time they held each other tight, teasing and mumbling endearments.

"Where's Jungkook?" asked Jisoo, interrupting the show.

I suppose I shouldn't be snooping on the happy couple. Even if they were making out in front of me while whispering sweet nothings. They were adorable. Yes, there are times when I miss having someone special in my life. The men I'd dated, on the other hand, were more likely to cause problems than to provide comfort. As a result, I've made a pledge to remain single. Even if I did find my own hugs a little lacking, I had to shield myself from my own snobby taste in men.

"Lalisa? Hello?" Jisoo laughed.

"What? Sorry. Jungkook is outside with Yoongi. I think he was in need of some 'Lalisa free' time.'" I said, putting my phone back to my purse.

"He's been getting calmer these past few days." She said, taking a seat beside me.

"Yes, he is."

"And you did a great job for helping him with it." She praised me.

"Thanks." I studied my hands.

"He hasn't had a lot of women around that he can depend upon," Jisoo said, her voice dropping volume.

"Like what you've known, he no longer has a mom and his sister is far away from him. Though I think that was probably a blessing, him being away with his sister. From what Jin told me, Somi wasn't someone you'd want around. Indeed. she's kind but mostly vain and she's surely a spoiled brat to her brother." She opened up.

"Jungkook doesn't tend to talk about her. He doesn't tend to talk about anything much at all, usually." Listening to Jisoo's words, I frowned off into space.

In the last few days, I'd discovered more about him than I had in the previous month. It was difficult to process everything that had happened. In a variety of ways, the way I viewed him was changing today.

"Yea, Jungkook's not what you'd call chatty. To say the least, that's an understatement. I'm doing good if I can pull two sentences out of him about his appointments." I snorted.

"And yet you've survived the longest of them all." With a small sigh, Jisoo settled her hands on my lap. She wasn't lying though as I overcame that one challenging month working with Jeon Jungkook.

"You're obviously doing something right." She added.

"I wonder what." I stared at the ceiling, thinking deep thoughts.

"I don't know. Maybe he now likes you. Maybe he's lonely and just enjoys having you around." Yes, together with the team, Jungkook and I were always beside each other but we barely talked again after that day.