(35) A Stunner

✯✯

LISA's POV

I was finally satisfied with how I appeared after what felt like an eternity. A sleeveless mid-thigh length dress was worn by the woman who peered back at me from the full-length wall mirror. It's a deadly red in an elegant way. The fabric was a classic silk that flowed effortlessly over my body. Thin crystal chains were used as the straps, giving it a sophisticated and elegant look. Although the real star of the show was the neckline, which was slightly loose around my bust. The dress was absolutely beautiful for my taste which was exactly why I agreed right away to Bam's first handpicked.

My gaze inspected the waves of my wavy black hair falling on my shoulders. Nowhere near perfect, but it would have to do. For a long minute there, I considered putting on red lipstick just to match the color of my dress.

 For a long minute there, I considered putting on red lipstick just to match the color of my dress

I knew Bam already left because he needed to fetch Seulgi whom I haven't met yet. I had no idea what time Jungkook would be here so I just decided to leave my room and just wait for him in the living room.

I heard no knock but when I opened my door, a crap startled out of me seeing Jungkook, already standing at my door unit. Elegant. Classy. Sleek. Attractive in an overwhelming ladies and gents, grab your fans kind of way.

One corner of his mouth twitched up, and I wanted to pinch myself for thinking he looked damn better when he smirked or smiled.

I was about to say something, but whatever it was, it vanished. Along with that neutral expression I had been going for, I just nibbled on my lower lip, a recent habit of mine.

"I didn't know you're already here. Sorry to keep you waiting." I started again, finally finding some words.

Jungkook didn't say anything until now. His hands went to his pants pockets as he eyed me, looking all handsome and classy in that goddamn tux.

My attention shifted from his hand to his face. Then, just as I was about to notice, his gaze went up to my shoulders, down my neck, and then back up to mine. As we stared at each other for a long time, his face became even more hazy and my palms started sweating. My heart raced faster, the more the air filled up with a tension I didn't understand.

"I hate being stared at, Jungkook." I broke the silence. My voice came out breathy.

"Then, stop being so damn stunner." His chocolate eyes kept shining with that quality that made me nervous. I averted my eyes as I focused back on his hands, which had fallen out of his pockets and rested by his sides.

I had the impression that he had said it with a sarcastic tone in mind. Just enough to entice me to return the favor. However, for some reason his words came across as sincere. But I couldn't tell if he meant it or not. It took a lot of effort for me to go past our past. All the jabs and shoves he established right in front of me.