(6) Eye Contact

✯ ✯

LISA's POV

As my alarm went off on Thursday morning, I slowly opened my eyes and exhaled a sigh of relief, realizing that the hangover from yesterday's talk that had remained all night had vanished. All that left was, I met Eunwoo, my crush.

I didn't even remember that I was upset at Jungkook because his real attitude disappointed me. Who am I trying to deceive with this? Myself, of course. Because no matter how hard I tried to sleep last night, the details of him being friendly the other night were getting blurry.

I decided to get out of bed right now. Bam's apartment had two extra rooms, so I took the other one. Even though I wanted to punch my cousin at times, I owe him gratitude for letting me to stay here.

I thought I'd be heading straight to the MBC studio but I found  myself in a Korean variety show instead.

"No duty today?" He asked as he just got out of his room.

"None since Mr. Namjoon hasn't sent me a message." I replied, my focus was still on the television.

"Why Namjoon? Jungkook is your boss, not him."  With a bowl of rainbow cereal in his hands, he sat on the couch right next to me.

"Is he? I thought he's just a baby and I'm his babysitter." I laughed at my words but Bam didn't.

"He has a temper issue, Lalisa," Bam opened up. I stopped laughing and let my cousin do all the talking.

"He got it when his parents died a few years ago. It was difficult for us at first because no one could help him. Except for his sister. But you see, she also has a life in the US so the team convinced Jungkook to see a therapist after his sister left to study."

"I'm sorry." I was embarrassed by my previous behavior. 

"Nah, it's okay. Of all the people, I know you're one of those who can understand him the most. I know you do." Of course I do.

"Good thing Jungkook hasn't smoked or dated these past years because smoking, drinking alcohol or having a girlfriend could possibly trigger him. At least that was what I've heard from his therapist who advised him." I saw his shoulders lifted in a sigh before he took another bite.

That could explain the lost and melancholy gaze he had the other night. Indeed, I was right. Jungkook is living in his own two different worlds. He was hiding, escaping from his thoughts by drinking which wasn't the right thing to do.

Drinking can certainly dull the agony, but only for temporary. The worst consequence for those with this problem is that they may become addicted to it, leading to alcohol abuse.

I got it now when I asked him if he was drunk he told me, 'Don't tell them.' Maybe, he was really intoxicated that time since he engaged to talk to me first, not demented.

"You say, no girlfriend? Doesn't he always ship to anyone?" I asked. If my memory served me well, Jungkook was the member of the ZOC who shipped the most, and given his looks, I doubt he hadn't dated someone from them.

"Well... shipped? Yes. Dated? No. He stopped seeing anyone after what happened to his parents." My cousin explained.

"If I may, what happened to his last assistants?" Since I'm his new aide now, I needed to know what happened to the previous ones.