(23) The Uninvited

✯✯

LISA's POV

Inside his black Mercedes Benz GT63S, we drove in silence all the way to the location. I knew waiting for Jungkook to say something was like waiting for a brick wall to crack open so I sat still and also remained quiet.

His car lights grew dim when I noticed he was driving around the corner and parked in the first available space instead of pulling up out front of the restaurant.

"You're not just dropping me off?" I asked, watching him maneuvering the steering wheel.

"I'll see you in. Say hi to Taehyung." He said, shutting off his car engine.

"All right." I nodded.

We entered through the back entrance, which had a 'VIP' sign on it. Because my driver and my date tonight were well-known individuals, I already figured the location we'd be heading to be a little exclusive.

The place has burst on to the city's nightlife scene with a 'unique-in-the-capital' combination of cloud-scraping location and elegant atmosphere. As we reached the rooftop, I felt like I had been whisked to somewhere special the moment we exited the elevator. The venue is chic, while still managing to be colorful and fun, with sweeping views of Seoul's twinkling lights.

At a corner table, Taehyung stood and waved

At a corner table, Taehyung stood and waved. Strangely enough, his smile widened at the sight of his bandmate beside me. I made my way through the maze of guests gorging with a nod to the lovely tattooed blonde girl at the front desk. There were no evening gowns on display, I was well-dressed.

"Hey, Kook! Didn't know you'd be joining us." Taehyung said.

"Lalisa, you look gorgeous." Then, he grinned down at me.

"Thank you,Taehyung. You look very wonderful yourself."

Obviously, he stooped down in order to kiss my cheek. I craned my neck and stepped up on my toes as he bent down even further. I may be tall for a lady's height but this guy just was that damn taller.

"Good to see you, Taehyung." Jungkook's hand shot into the narrow space between me and Taehyung, pushing me off balance. Jungkook grabbed my elbow and held me steady before I could stumble.

"Yeah, Kook. You too." Taehyung gave his hand a hearty shake.

"He's just dropping me off and saying hi," I said.

"Which he's now done." I continued as I gave Jungkook a signal to leave.

"Actually, I've got time for a drink." Jungkook raised a hand and a waiter hurried over.