(15) Notification

✯✯

LISA's POV

As time went on, three in the morning was a bitch. It landed somewhere in the middle of nowhere. It's too late to have a good night's sleep, yet it's much too early to begin the day.

I rolled over onto my back and gazed up at my room ceiling. It was just as pleasant and interesting as it had been for the previous four hours. My water glass was empty on the edge of my bedside table. This was understandable given how full my bladder was. But eventually, I felt so bad and uneasy for the rest of the night.

Namjoon reproached me after what happened yesterday. Since he didn't know that I really didn't smoke, he told me to keep my vices away from Jungkook. He wasn't mad at me but I could see in his eyes that he was disappointed. I just nodded at him and told him that it won't happen again. Meanwhile, Jungkook followed me that time. He was about to tell me something but I just bid him goodbye. My cousin never dared to talk to me but he was just looking, studying me the whole walk back to our unit.

With a sigh, I dragged my miserable ass into the bathroom and flung back the covers. I finished my tasks and cleaned my hands. I figured I'd go in search of chocolate because I was already up and cranky. I walked out of my room and I saw a flickering light come from within the living room, shadows playing across the wall opposite.

It seemed like I wasn't the only one who was having trouble sleeping tonight.

"Why are you still up?" I went to Bam, dismissing the idea of searching for chocolate.

"What wakes you up?" He answered me with a question.

"Just..." I couldn't come up with a sentence so I just drank the rest of the red rum in his glass.

"Tell me the truth, Lalisa." Bam started the conversation just like that and it made me nervous.

"What truth are you saying? Don't tell me you're drunk already? It's just a rum, cous." I tried to crack a joke but he didn't buy it.

"You're starting to like him, aren't you?" And with that, Bam already won the conversation. Him of all people first noticed that. Of course.

"Can we not do this?" I tried to shook off the subject.

"I told you already what happened to his previous assistants, Lalisa." He reminded me again.

"I don't like him" I said and the man did not look convinced.

"I'm just worried about you. We know he won't reciprocate what you're stuffing there." For a moment he stared at me.

"I know." I muttered, trying to avoid his gaze.

The idea of one sided admiration was a nasty big beast and it was sitting right on my heart. I wrapped my arms around myself, guarding against my muddled thoughts.

A sensation rose from deep within my stomach and extended throughout my body. It was all about Jungkook. It was hot and cold all the time, but never at the same time. It was physical, but it was also something else, something far greater. I wanted to know everything there was to know about him. I also wanted him to get to know me. I wanted to be more than simply an employee in his life. To be the person in whom he confided even his darkest thoughts, the person in whom he placed his trust.

Noticed how different the world appears in the early hours of the morning when you've stayed up too late. Surreal in some ways, but clearer and quieter in others, allowing you to hear the whispered reality of things you couldn't face in the light.