(16) Excuses

✯✯

LISA's POV

"2 minutes guys! Stand by." Yoongi instructed as the band was preparing their practice for today.

As they approached their equipment, there was a sense of confidence. Jhope moved his shoulders backwards and forwards to loosen them after pulling his hoodie over his head. He adjusted the microphone I had placed near the kit, just in case it was needed, when he eventually sat behind the drums, sticks in one hand.

Jin stepped behind his setup. He ran his fingers along the piano.

Taehyung  picked up his bass and confidently passed the strap over his head.

Jimin did the same with his guitar before he leaned in to say something to Jungkook, something I couldn't hear, but made Jungkook smile.

(A/N: Play the video on the multimedia section. No need for you to read the 🎶lyrics🎶 for it's only your guide on what's exactly happening right at that moment. REMEMBER: JUST READ ONLY THE LEAD'S POV)

On the first tune of the piano, while Jin began to introduce the song, Jungkook came alive.

🎶 I'm in my bed
And you're not here
And there's no one to blame but the drink in my wandering hands
Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back, I can't unpack the baggage you left🎶

The lyrics fell from Jungkook's lips as if they were made by him. All of them were exceptional musicians who were looking cool and easy playing their respected instruments. But none of them held a microphone like what Jungkook was doing. His charisma and presence filled the studio, or maybe it was just my biased heart's imagination.

The song itself was good and Jungkook was singing it perfectly. His vocals were sending notes, grinding down into his lower register.

"🎶What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm fallin'
What if I'm down? What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling🎶"

🎶You said you cared, and you missed me too
And I'm well aware I write too many songs about you
And the coffee's out at the Beachwood Cafe
And it kills me 'cause I know we've run out of things we can say🎶

I should not be watching him, but I couldn't take my eyes away from him. Maybe because I was very certain he wouldn't be having any intention to look in my direction. His eyes were focusing on the paper in front of him while his co-members were intensely immersed with their musical equipment.

Meanwhile, from my peripheral vision, Bambam was watching me while I was watching the golden maknae. I didn't even bother with my cousin since he already knew my secret fondness for Jungkook.

🎶 What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling🎶